Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Conceal to carry - if so what? Or what do you own?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN View Post
    And I have a fire-poker on the side of my bed...
    And his name is Gill...

you two Chicaganites, good yakkin' witcha...
    Last edited by Ldub : 12/21/2010 at 08:33 PM

It used to be this, but it proved to be impractical, because I kept drinking the ammo

So looking for something more practical. I found this to be a better solution

And though I lost 15 pounds and water weight. Again 20 in gun

I had a go with a glock once..........a very shakey go lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRRouCQGx1c
    Speed Thrills, Boredom Kills!!

Quote Originally Posted by ibmx2 View Post

This image caught my curiosity. After a thorough search on the internet, I discovered the above pictured weapon is a total hoax and doesn't exist. Further, the official Barrett Arms website indicate that they only manufacture "rifles" (namely .50 BMG cal Sniper Rifles), and do not manufacture any kind of handgun/pistol platform weapons. Keep dreamin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    This image caught my curiosity. After a thorough search on the internet, I discovered the above pictured weapon is a total hoax and doesn't exist. Further, the official Barrett Arms website indicate that they only manufacture "rifles" (namely .50 BMG cal Sniper Rifles), and do not manufacture any kind of handgun/pistol platform weapons. Keep dreamin'.

LOL

Only 2 comments from me.

1) I don't have my CCW, but out in "the bush" I carry a FN P9.

2) I think you guys mean "Kel-tec", not "Kal-tec", and from personal experience, I would STAY AWAY from cheap and weird guns in general. Its only $200 for a reason. Maybe Kel-Tec has improved since their Grendel days, but I have owned a few Grendel/Kel-tec guns and NEVER have I owned bigger pieces (no pun intended) of jamming junk. Learning from the experiences I have had with weird "off brand" guns in general, I know one thing: I will stick to the bigger, well known, tried and true names. When it comes to firearms, safety is paramount. Reliability is #2. If the gun jams more than it fires, or if it is finicky with ammo, I don't want anything to do with it. My gun needs to shoot cheap Russian surplus the same as it does high dollar match ammo, or I don't want it. And when you're talking concealed carry, why on earth would you want a cheap gun that is prone to jamming/misfiring?

Bart

I like guns... I have a few of them.

I have my CCW but don't carry.

I think gun laws keep guns out of the hands of law abiders, but place them in the hands of criminals.

Penn and Teller did a great episode on Bull****! about gun laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCXtfR0_roE

Posing this idea.

All women (since women are the ones generally preyed upon) should be government issued a handgun that they are required to carry, and that would take care of 95% of the gun crimes.

Who wants to mess with an armed woman. Not I.

If everyone knew everyone else was armed, no one would want to mess with anyone. Guns... the great equalizer.

Wink

had....key word being HAD....an AMT .30 Carbine AutoMag III by Irwindale Arms for like 10 years and sold it during my last serious relationship (she hated guns).

OH the pain...the pain...

contrary to some of the bad press AMT has gotten...mine performed flawlessly on either new or surplus ammo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Don't get me wrong guys - I am not totally against guns, or your rights to carry them in your country if you want.

I just feel sorry that you still feel the need to do so.
    I guess my point was lost...but why are you afraid of your fellow citizen, human being, at all? I feel sorry you feel that you don't trust your neighbor enough to buy a simple inanimate object in a civilized society. I trust my fellow citizen, and I think that's a measure of a civilized society. I have no inherent mistrust in my neighbor and find it sad others do.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Only 2 comments from me.

1) I don't have my CCW, but out in "the bush" I carry a FN P9.

2) I think you guys mean "Kel-tec", not "Kal-tec", and from personal experience, I would STAY AWAY from cheap and weird guns in general. Its only $200 for a reason. Maybe Kel-Tec has improved since their Grendel days, but I have owned a few Grendel/Kel-tec guns and NEVER have I owned bigger pieces (no pun intended) of jamming junk. Learning from the experiences I have had with weird "off brand" guns in general, I know one thing: I will stick to the bigger, well known, tried and true names. When it comes to firearms, safety is paramount. Reliability is #2. If the gun jams more than it fires, or if it is finicky with ammo, I don't want anything to do with it. My gun needs to shoot cheap Russian surplus the same as it does high dollar match ammo, or I don't want it. And when you're talking concealed carry, why on earth would you want a cheap gun that is prone to jamming/misfiring?

Bart
    I owned a Grendel .380. semi auto- rare for it to Jam. I owned a Kel-Tec folding 9mm Carbine (it folded in half!) That gun was the smoothest fastest most accurate weapon I ever shot. You could hit a quarter with open sights at a moderate distance. Groupings were amazing. I sold the Grendel because it's grip wasn't big enuf' for my hand. I sold the Kel-Tec because it looked like a fake gun. A lot of guns are sensitive to ammo(just like you stated)as well as lubrication, cleanliness and limp wristing when shooting. I've got 2 Tauruses that shoot flawlessly. They're another Mfg. that gets a bad wrap but there Guns are excellent imo, as is there lifetime warranty. I prefer brand new guns when it comes to personal protection though.
    Savage rifles also get ripped on, yet they make some of the most accurate and smoothest shooting big guns out there, and at a decent price. Sometime it's what ya can afford.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

[QUOTE=PK;214548]Same thing as if you are not the quickest to draw and shoot I guess - you loose.
    But at least here, 99.5% of the time, all you are likely to loose is a verbal argument, or a fist fight - not your life.

Hey I thought Australians all carried those big 'ol Bowie Knives...Or did I see that in a movie once...

I got a Savage .22 as my first gun....and it has been great. Very accurate.

I got in on this late and didnt read through all the other posts lol. I dont conceal carry yet since I havent gone for my class and permit yet. But when I do I already have what I'll be carrying.

Ruger SR9 Compact. Its 1/2" shorter barrel and 1" shorter grip (with 10 rd mag) then the standard SR9. Loaded with Hydra Shock rounds.

For home defense and open carry while camping I have a Ruger KP944 .40 cal loaded with Hydra Shock rounds.

If I didnt already have the 944 I would get a Ruger SR40 which they just came out with. A .40 cal version of the full size SR9. The SR9c has a bit more snap then the 944 but its more controllable and much lighter and easier to conceal.

I havent become a fan of the pocket pistols yet. I've fired Mikes (protetype) LCP and it hurts my hand. Maybe one day I'll get one anyway. As a side note, the LCP is the exact same size and shape as the Kel-Tec P-3AT. I would rather have the Ruger.

My other toys

Ruger 10/22 - many internal mods

Remington 572 pump action .22

Ruger Single Six .22 LR/WMR

Western Field (Marlin) bolt action 12 gauge shotty

I'm on the hunt for more Rugers. I still want a new model (580 series) Mini-14, a Mini-30, PC9 (9mm) rifle, and PC4 (.40 cal) rifle.
    --Dave

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Hey I thought Australians all carried those big 'ol Bowie Knives...Or did I see that in a movie once...
    "Thats not a knife..."
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
    Western Field (Marlin) bolt action 12 gauge shotty
    That Marlin is gorgeous, and not just because its my screen name...lol.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson