Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo42 View Post
Ruger SR9 Compact. Its 1/2" shorter barrel and 1" shorter grip (with 10 rd mag) then the standard SR9. Loaded with Hydra Shock rounds.

The SR9c has a bit more snap then the 944 but its more controllable and much lighter and easier to conceal.
One of our friends just got a SR9c about 2 months ago and we tried it. We both liked it a lot. Didn't think the recoil was that bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
What do you all think about 9mm vs. .380 ammo?
Well, one thing, the .380 ammo is a bit more expensive than 9mm

Other impressions....3 of my Berettas are .380s, and I shoot with them most of the time. Dave built a metal target stand out of some angle iron, shaped kind of like an easel. First time out with it, we both had one round hit the flat horizontal metal cross member (about 1/8"+ thick x 1" wide).....and we both were using FMJ rounds. I was blown away at the difference in damage between the .380 and his 9mm. Mine was a dimple that didn't deform the plane. While his didn't go through the metal, it left a deep deformation that also bent the bar quite a bit.

OTOH....I was watching one of those real ER shows the other night, & it got me thinking..... Guy comes in with a .22 LR shot to the butt sideways, went through both cheeks, & was basically incapacitated.

Then I thought back to the many other episodes of this show I've watched with GSWs....Usually just a single shot, to somewhere on the body or chest...and they're still basically incapacitated, no matter what caliber. So it made me think that if I ever have to, god forbid, pump a .22, or a .380 or even our new .32 auto into a bad dude...it's still going to hurt like hell and will probably slow them down and maybe even get me a 2nd shot in them.

So while the 9mm did cause a much larger impact zone & expansion, with more force.....the .380 and even the smaller calibers are going to hurt somebody pretty dang good!

And besides, now Dave has to fix the stand since his 9mm bent it up.