Thread: My VX is broke, and and could use some help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just a side note...both times my blower resistor went bad my fan completely stopped working. I highly dought you need the blower motor. I definately would not pay the mech to do it. Order the part from Merlin, remove the glove box (4 screws), 2 or 3 screws hold the resistor and a plug. Shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes and a couple basic tools. Just saved you $200+
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Just a side note...both times my blower resistor went bad my fan completely stopped working. I highly dought you need the blower motor. I definately would not pay the mech to do it. Order the part from Merlin, remove the glove box (4 screws), 2 or 3 screws hold the resistor and a plug. Shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes and a couple basic tools. Just saved you $200+
    OR it's just the blower motor and not the resistor. My blower motor went out last year with not resistor problems. Like others said, highly unlikely its both the resistor and blower motor.

You can actually buy an aftermarket blower at autozone... its cheap, works & like Billy said is a peice of cake to install.

You can look at the resistor and tell if it is bad most of the time. Both times mine was bad the copper piece was seperated.

Timing Belt

Might I ask where are you getting vx worked on. Is it at a dealer? I have 130K on mine and thinking about getting the timing belt and water pump replaced.
    I have seen kits including water pump, timing belt and gaskets on ebay for $150 but not sure about the quality. Replacing the timing belt if not done
    correctly could cause a lot of problems for your engine. So, if you have a good mechanic and OEM parts it might work out better long term.