Not bad ideas, if I turn my key to the run position, I can hear my fuel pump come on and run to pressurize the fuel rail. You may not need a two person fuel pump party!!

Apparently we don't have a fuel pump shut off switch? I thought all newer cars had them. Oh well.

As for replacing the fuel pump, some of the guys on the planet save a ton of time but cutting a hole in the floor above the assembly, make a sheet metal cover to fit the hole. This way you can easily change the fuel pump without dropping the tank. Its all covered by carpet, so at an aesthetic level has no impact. Pick up some RTV or door gasket to make a good seal if you so desire and makes it easy to do on the road/trail or whatever. They had some problems with aftermarket fuel pumps. One guy went through three of em in just a few hundred miles. Luckily he had the hole which makes it easy to change on the go.
This is on my list of things to do this spring. I have a brand new OEM fuel pump assembly I scored on Ebay for 50 bucks shipped a few months ago! OEM is 300+ bucks IIRC.

I hope its something simple like the relay or a fuse!!