Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Body Kit

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Don't forget horrible brakes, ABS problems, oil burning, short lived OEM shocks, no drink holder...lol. Oh, and also a passenger front seat that slides forward and up like the trooper RS does...
    But you're a "glass half full" kinda guy, right...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    But you're a "glass half full" kinda guy, right...
    LMFAO....lurker

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

No bueno on the body kit, but the hood scoop is one of the nicer ones I've seen on a VX (at least from the front view), but I'm not a scoop fan unless it is functional.

It's bizzare to me all the body kits available in Japan. They only produced 1,000 vehicles over there, how could they expect to recoup the initial costs for molds?

I do think it would be great to do a group buy with the Japanese company that sells the faux skid plates, etc. It seems to me that if they have a supply on hand, they would want to sell them, rather than just throw them in the landfill. Over there the VX is a 15 year old vehicle, so between the small # of vehicles still on the road, coupled with the smaller budgets of a used car owner, how many accessories would they still expect to sell?
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Body Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Hide View Post
    What do you guys think of this body kit?

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n89009806
    SO WHERE DO WE GET ONE? LOVE TO REALLY DECK OUT ONE VEHICROSS.

This body kit makes the VX look too wide,not that pleased with the way it looks
    Dakar was just the begining.

What is the web sit for the bodykit

Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    No bueno on the body kit, but the hood scoop is one of the nicer ones I've seen on a VX (at least from the front view), but I'm not a scoop fan unless it is functional.

It's bizzare to me all the body kits available in Japan. They only produced 1,000 vehicles over there, how could they expect to recoup the initial costs for molds?

I do think it would be great to do a group buy with the Japanese company that sells the faux skid plates, etc. It seems to me that if they have a supply on hand, they would want to sell them, rather than just throw them in the landfill. Over there the VX is a 15 year old vehicle, so between the small # of vehicles still on the road, coupled with the smaller budgets of a used car owner, how many accessories would they still expect to sell?

Perhaps no one has initiated contacting them. Sounds like a good idea on you're part. I'm still looking for mine and very new to the VX but I am in to do a group buy if it is functional and/or really helps aesthetically. No on the kit though, I need mine to go off road. I do like the skid plate on the front bumper and rear too.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypanda View Post
    What is the web sit for the bodykit
    I really don't think these were ever for sale, but there have been attempts to imitate. Though, i could be wrong. This is what it looked like....

http://photo.qip.ru/users/claus.fotoplenka/150018640/
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Since my wheels stick out a little bit, and i don't want to buy skinnier tyres, here's a good option, these flares match the VX perfectly (IMO) and they're available in Fiberglass or Carbon Fiber, they're flexible and mold to the arch:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:AU:1123
    the seller sent me some photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/6874612665
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/6874612899
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/6874612787
    and here's a funny one i took today with my phone, yes, i brake for... Kangaroos!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/17121683@N00/6874612955
    and since we are talking about mods, has anyone seen this VX emblem before? Would look good on the rear:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110528324...84.m1423.l2649
    Last edited by braaus : 02/14/2012 at 04:02 AM

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I've thought about fender flares because my tires stick out from the wheel wells way too much. With the ones you found, I think the exposed bolts might look funny because we have the bolts on the cladding. Seems redundant.

Re: fender flares

In my experience with universal parts, they are always universal until you try to fit them to your vehicle. Apparently, you always end up owning the one car in the world that isn't universal.

Don't know how many times I tried this with the VX and ended up throwing out the item cause it actually didn't fit for crap.

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I really don't think these were ever for sale, but there have been attempts to imitate. Though, i could be wrong. This is what it looked like....

http://photo.qip.ru/users/claus.fotoplenka/150018640/
    Whats with the russians and their customizing skills.....love it or hate it, the quality looks fantastic.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wrench

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Whats with the russians and their customizing skills.....love it or hate it, the quality looks fantastic.
    The "mooncraft VX" was of Japan origin, those pics are hosted on a Russian site.

Here's what I found to be interesting...

The opposite of the upper BJ flip...the lower BJ is on TOP of the lower control arm.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    Re: fender flares

In my experience with universal parts, they are always universal until you try to fit them to your vehicle. Apparently, you always end up owning the one car in the world that isn't universal.

Don't know how many times I tried this with the VX and ended up throwing out the item cause it actually didn't fit for crap.
    IMHO universal fit means it is actually universal misfit. When you see people offering universal trunk striping for a VX or universal seat covers that need the headrest to be removed but the VX head rests are not removable you really see that these cruddy manufacturers will say anything to sell you thier item with the hope you wont want to go through the hassle of returning.

Anyone remember the univrsal Turbo that would fit the VX. Tons of modifications and purcase of other parts necesary.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt