Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VX Nation... Migration!

Unhappy VX Nation... Migration!

Sad news! Change is here for all VX loyalists.

Currently, I have 128K trouble-free miles on my VX, and love my '99 IRONMAN -- and, like most high-mileage VehiCROSS owner/drivers, I must contemplate a sensible migration to my next favorite:

http://www.toyota.com/html/shop/look_ahead/

Where are you folks going? Let us know...

Randy Barlow
    Happy Flying!

Randy

Are you talking about that cruiser????

I don't know about that exhaust pipe hanging in front of the rear wheel on the drivers side and running exposed...... also, the mirrors would get knocked off in offroading unless they bent forward and backward like on our VX's...... I am sure it is capable of something with the proper mods, but the VX is way more capable.

Angry RSC

I got all hyped up about that RSC concept vehicle and Toyota stated that it would NOT go into production. I then found out that it would be based on a RAV 4 chassis...not exactly in the same league as the VX for off-road worthiness. I still love the looks...but until they say it will be produced...not worth bothering over.

I wouldn't trade the VX for it...but, it would make a nice garage mate and be good to commute to work and back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

128K miles and you're looking for a replacement?!?! You've obviously never owned an Isuzu before! Your VX is barely out of adolescence!:bgwg:
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I have 25K on my "99 Ironman, so I have some time, right ?
    Andrey

I've been thinking about that FJ Cruiser myself. Of course, I'm still keeping the VX as well. I think the timing will be just about right when it's released...

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

I’m looking for an ‘01 VX to carry on the craziness for the immediate future and then will add a Cayenne TwinTurbo - it is a more capable successor to the VX but unfortunately without all the cool looks. With the right paint and mods, it could be a looker and have no problems in Moab. I’ve driven it on and offroad and it is everything the VX is and more - better four wheel drive system and waaaaaaaay more power with plenty of clearance and good departure / approach angles.
    Last edited by Tone : 09/09/2003 at 03:09 PM

I really like the look of the FJ Cruiser. Hell, there are a lot of autos out there that I would like to test.

Don't be discouraged... everyone on here likes there VX. Any board you are on will have people thinking you are crazy for looking at anything other than the auto that the board is modeled after.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Talking

Gonna keep my VX until it or I die.

I will add the Infiniti FX-45 to the stable.
    Last edited by Anita : 09/09/2003 at 10:28 AM
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Originally posted by Anita
    Gonna keep my VX until it or I die.

I will add the Infiniti FX-45 to the stable.
    Anita, I second everything you said!
    Heck, I wanna be buried in my VX
    Maybe we could start an FX45 club.
    The FX45 is a matured VX. Love it!
    No Migration here, Lets just say it will be an addition to a pre existing Addiction.

Oh yeah and my other dream car the first being the VX
    Last edited by Bantan : 09/09/2003 at 10:35 AM
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Thumbs up

I too love the FX but this Hamann Cayenne looks Amazing!...

RSC concept vehicle SHOOTGUN!

Shoot! I work for toyota in Arizona and if they ever release that truck I will be the first here to own both the VX and the RSC concept vehicle. ;Dr; Sorry guys! LOL! But the toyota way is more like "research ir for 3 yrs then release it..."

Yeah, imagine if they had researched the VX for 3 years. Then they'd be really awesome! I mean as it stands now, it does have some things lacking for such an originally pricey ride. My last car's doors locked 30 seconds after you entered the vehicle. The VX's stay unlocked unless you manually lock them. You can't lock the glovebox and it has no light in it. No power seat adjustments (downward would be nice). No window locks. Etc. Hey, I adore my rugged, no-frills (well in some ways) VX. The lack of a rear door popper isn't a big deal to me because most SUVs and vans don't have that either... that's generally a trunk (as in CAR) thing. Would be nice but not expected anyway. Granted none of them are a big deal and how lazy do you have to be to get all riled up about some of these issues, but for such an otherwise high-caliber vehicle there are certain things you would expect it to have that it does not. It's awesome and a lot of bang for the buck still, but could have been even better. More things could go wrong with that extra fancy stuff too, though, so probably best left off a limited production vehicle. <shrug>

I personally love the RSC design and while I prefer it I'm not someone who just absolutely has to have great off-road capabilities, but from all I hear the RSC would have been a sheep in wolf's clothing from several perspectives. I think we'll see a reincarnation of it soon though that WILL hit production.

Tone, you mean the Porsche? Capable how? Off-road? Or do you mean from an accleration standpoint? If I were about strictly speed and nothing else, I'd be in a Murano with its silly little exhaust pipes. Actually, I'd still be in a car. And my last one would've been a WS-6 Firebird or Mustang GT or the like and not an Avenger ES (which is a better all-around car, but not the fastest).
    Last edited by Heraclid : 09/09/2003 at 03:13 PM

Originally posted by Heraclid
    Tone, you mean the Porsche? Capable how? Off-road? Or do you mean from an accleration standpoint?
    Dude, you don't like the Porche? The way I look at it is that it's the only other SUV besides the VX I'd want! Those things are quick (13.5-1/4 mile) and I bet it "could" be equiped for offroad. They just cost 3 times more than a VX, which is rediculous. For over $60,000 it better come with guns or missiles!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

There has never been a Porsche that did anything for me in the looks department. And the Cayenne isn't anything to write home about in that regard either if you ask me. Everybody and their second cousin is out with an SUV now, and most aren't anything special. I think Porsche joining the fray was tacky, but I'll give 'em this - it will scoot in a field of mostly underpowered sport-utes. Actually a lot of them like the CRV, Vitara and RAV-4 don't qualify as sport-utes in my view, but...

I also think the Infiniti is real ugly. I go by a dealership with them daily and it sure isn't growing on me. Sorry, but that's just me. I would never buy something I thought was ugly just for the name on it. I'm not someone who is purely after a status symbol and the heck with the rest. Nuh uh. I have to like it. Me. What the rest of you think it looks like, cost me, or whatever is very secondary.

I liked the RSC on looks. It was too busy... needed just a little toning down. I expect that in concepts though.

I do like the Murano from some angles, don't like the front too much. But I am probably in the same boat with you in that if there were not VehiCrosses I would not be in a SUV right now.