Thread: I DID IT! Line X on my cladding...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Man, that beige looks nice.

Here's a pic of my Trooper. You can see what I am thinking.

My concerns with doing this are as follows:

1) Cost, I would want to do the interior and exterior. My Trooper is stripped on the inside already, and the only thing needed to do a perfect job would be to pull the glass. Does Line-X pull glass or would I have to do that on my own and then have the vehicle delivered to a Line-X shop?

2) My Trooper is currently spray painted on the inside and out, what kind of prep work (time, extra cost, etc) would be involved for Line-X to do a thorough job?

3) Is the beige very flat or is it shiney? I would would like to maintain that low sheen look, like a matte finish.

I think my Trooper would look great if I had this done. I would even consider having the roof rack, bumpers and grill done as well as some gas cans to match.

4) Another question, how does Line-X work around door hinges and such? Do you guys take all that apart (remove doors and hinges) and spray each piece? A little more infor there would be excellent.

What do you think something like this would cost on average?

Thanks - Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Man, that beige looks nice.

Here's a pic of my Trooper. You can see what I am thinking.

My concerns with doing this are as follows:

1) Cost, I would want to do the interior and exterior. My Trooper is stripped on the inside already, and the only thing needed to do a perfect job would be to pull the glass. Does Line-X pull glass or would I have to do that on my own and then have the vehicle delivered to a Line-X shop?
    LINE-X dealers set their own prices, so prices will vary, you should check with your local dealer. Go to golinex.com and use the dealer search function if you wish. You don't need to pull any glass, it will be masked off.

2) My Trooper is currently spray painted on the inside and out, what kind of prep work (time, extra cost, etc) would be involved for Line-X to do a thorough job?
    Nothing out of the ordinary. Its surface will be scuffed and then cleaned prior to the LINE-X application.

3)Is the beige very flat or is it shiney? I would would like to maintain that low sheen look, like a matte finish.
    LINE-X Xtra is glossy, but a gloss reducer can be added to it. However, it will never go to plain "flat".
    I think my Trooper would look great if I had this done. I would even consider having the roof rack, bumpers and grill done as well as some gas cans to match.

4) Another question, how does Line-X work around door hinges and such? Do you guys take all that apart (remove doors and hinges) and spray each piece? A little more infor there would be excellent.
    If the hinges will function with the bedliner material, then we spray them. If they won't function, we just apply the Xtra without the bedliner material.

What do you think something like this would cost on average?
    I would say a within a range of $2,500 to $3,000 for the interior and exterior.
    The owner of this truck rolled the truck. He had it repaired but instead of painting it, we LINE-X'd it.