Thread: I DID IT! Line X on my cladding...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've still got the spare nose piece cladding. Lemme know if it's needed for any practice. It's been trimmed for tire clearance though so prolly not useful for anything other than practice.

LINE-X,

What's the process for masking off an area that you don't want covered? What I'm thinking about is masking off lettering in the center of an area that is going to be covered in LineX to let the original material provide just enough contrast to make it still visible. I'm not talking about real fine detail here, just a 4X4 or VX as far as the lettering goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    LINE-X,

What's the process for masking off an area that you don't want covered? What I'm thinking about is masking off lettering in the center of an area that is going to be covered in LineX to let the original material provide just enough contrast to make it still visible. I'm not talking about real fine detail here, just a 4X4 or VX as far as the lettering goes.
    There are several methods which depend on the challenges involved.
    1. If it's an area that will not have thick bedliner material around it, simply use masking tape. However, you may need to use a razor blade to cut the bedliner material if it gets thick is a spot. Careful not to end up with masking tape underneath the bediner's edge, it will be very difficult to remove it!
    2. If possible, we use a wire tape. We can mask, spray, and then pull the wire to produce a perfect edge.
    3. Remove the emblem, apply the bedliner, glue the emblem on the bedliner material with "3M Emblem Adhesive".

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    are the fangs really made of titanium as ive heard they are...if so thats to unique to consiider covering IMO
    I believe it's just plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-X View Post
    2. If possible, we use a wire tape. We can mask, spray, and then pull the wire to produce a perfect edge.
    Thanks.

That's what I was looking for. Do they remove the tape/wire while the LineX is still wet or after it has cured?

LINE-X dries in 4 seconds and the wire can be pulled immediately. If LINE-X Xtra is used, it needs about an hour to dry. Then, the wire can be pulled.

Drying and curing are two different things. Curing is the completion of the chemical reaction(s). It takes LINE-X (XS-100, the bedliner product) about 24 hours to cure.