Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trouble again...

Trouble again...

Well after having the transmission go out on me 20 miles after purchasing my vcross the mechanic assured me it was just the transmission fluid lines didn't get connected properly and caused all of the fluid to run out. I got the vcross back and im now at 99 miles after purchase and the transmission started to go out again... -.- I do not know whats wrong so ive dropped it off at a different mechanic to have them take a look fingers crossed ill post back here once I get the call from them.

Forget that!!! I'd take it back to the dealer (via tow truck) and demand a 100% refund, and never look back. "Run, Forest, Run!!!"

Well its already at the shop but I have not informed the dealer that its broken again. They agreed to fix anything that went wrong in the next 3 months because of my first problem. So once I find out whats wrong with it im going to call the dealer back and see what can be done.

What is the transmission doing?

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Well the transmission will be going fine then just left go and rev all the way upp an I get no power and just sit still. I just got the call back from the shop an they say 3rd and 4th gears are both completely shot which would explain why I'm fine at first then it let's go (apparently when it switches to 3rd) they quoted me 2300$ for a used tranny installed.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    Forget that!!! I'd take it back to the dealer (via tow truck) and demand a 100% refund, and never look back. "Run, Forest, Run!!!"
    And Run FAST!
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Well I have some good news for once. The dealership I purchased the VX from has agreed to pay for the new tranny!

WoW! Don't hear that kind of good news too often! Great to hear!
    Hope things are lookin' up from here on out!

p.s...you may want to print out the "How to fill the VX tranny fluid level properly" and just kinda/sorta/maybe ask if they did it correctly??
    'Course I guess it could just tick them off too....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

That is great news!! Congrats.

Like Kat suggested, I would print out the how to for our transmission fill because it is a bit wonky. I've had a lot of success with printing stuff out and bringing it in to my mechanic. I usually go in with the print out explaining that our VX's are rare, weird creatures and that I love my car VERY much and want what's best for it. This, coupled with a humble attitude and a "just tell me to shut the *&%# up if I get in your way" joke usually does the trick.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

I have NO PROBLEM leaving the VX shop manual in the front seat, as well as ANY and ALL printed materiel that may aid a mechanic in working my VX. I rarely take my VX to mechanics, but for the few times I did, I always leave the manual and any docs in PLAIN site for the mechanics to see when they are working on my VX.

Hell, I would even say, "The VehiCROSS is a rare vehicle and most people have never seen one, and although I'm sure your mechanics know what they are doing, I left some specific information I would like them to review prior to working on my vehicle"

As long as you are polite and respectful, most mechs don't mind this. In fact, I bet having a shop manual on hand for a rare vehicle is helpful if then need it, even just for torque specs that are hard to find.

Bart

I know that the axle shop that worked my CV joints was very appreciative of the boot install instructions we have here. He said it saved him significant time & hence me $$$$.'

The alignment shop that I took it to though wasn't interested in the spec sheet at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Got some news from the shop today they have finally gotten word on the transmission and are expecting it to be delivered to them this week. They have apologized for the excessive time it took for them to receive it and say they will begin installing it as soon as they get it. Hopefully I will be getting my vcross back sometime late next week or week after. I miss my vcross cant wait to get it back! Been 34 days since the purchase and only had her for 2 days haha

Well, some new word on my vcross. They installed the new transmission and replaced a cracked head gasket and they took it out of the shop and realized the vcross STILL wasnt working right. They took the transmission out and found out that the transfer case has a problem also, which is effecting the TOD system. So they have purchased a new T-case which is now on the way and once it gets in they will install that and then reinstall the tranny and send it back to me if all goes well. Sooo im looking at more time without my vcross

Even though im annoyed at how long this is taking im sure the dealership is hating this more than me. Theyve had to buy a tranny, fix the head gasket, and now buy a new transfer case all on a 7,300$ car ahhaa

Then they came out even... They buy these cars for nothing.

Probably true