Thread: Got some late christmas gifts :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Got some late christmas gifts :)

Decided to get some christmas presents for myself

After alot of reading and chit chatting with a few people, I decided to give the "ebay" headers a shot. I got the headers and y-pipe from different sellers and I thought that I might have issues with fitting but amazingly everything lined up pretty good. They are both stainless which was the biggest reason for giving them a shot. The flanges are really thick, welds looked great and after install not a single leak from the headers themselves, just need 2 more stepped band clamps to finish off the y-pipe, I just have the u-bolt clamps snug on there for now. I went ahead and got rid of egr and a.i.r. while I was in there and installed my Z28 head plate that I had lying around forever lol.

one day, one day......

Overall I'm very pleased with them, butt dyno feels good and they sound great. The drivers side headers is barely touching the k-member and I can feel a slight vibration at idle from it but I'm not too worried about it right now. I'll be going back in there soon when I do the cam so I'll grind that little tab away and be good to go. I have no banging or anything from my pipes either which makes me a happy man, that and paying less than $300 makes my wallet happy. You can see my new SFC's in the pic too, going down tomorrow and putting my cutout in then have to decide what to do next lol.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

So those are a generic LTs? They look real nice! I would be very interested in seeing what gains you got off them to compare them to other LTs on an LS1. You should get an electric cutout next. I had one on my formula nd it was a blast to play with. I went with a Mccord power plate over the QTP and never had a problem with it for the two years i owned it till i hit a speed bump and ripped it off (had sportlines on the formula). Also how do the SFCs feel? A lot of people feel a difference in their ride after install.

do you have a list of your mods? i would be interested in seeing it if its not too much trouble. Are you a member of LS1tech, CZ28, or LS1.com by chance?

You are making me miss my baby now

Last edited by killinformula : 01/09/2011 at 11:46 PM

Nice formy! 315's on the back? Ya they are basically FLP/LPP knockoffs from my understanding but they are 1/75" primaries with 3" collector which is the same as pacesetter, hooker etc. I thought about going with 1 7/8" TSP headers but decided that the 1 3/4's would work for me and I get stainless. A few guys on LS1Tech (yes I am a member there, I'm 1FSTZ71 there, I'm on thirdgen.org, ls1.com, camaroz28.com and a ton of others lol) have run ebay headers and had very comparable results to pacesetters and such. I figure worse case scenario I lose 5-10rwhp compared to another brand but saved a few hundred bucks, I'm ok with that, just change the jet in the nitrous nozzle lol. I love my SFC's, it rides alot better on these bumpy dirt rodes by my house and the doors sound better when closing. I've ran them on most of my f-bodies and love them, must have! I actually have a cutout to put on tomorrow (manual) and gonna pick up an electric DMH plate from a buddy when I go down to orlando. Right now here is the performance mods list:

Volant Air Intake
    1 3/4 stainless LT's
    3" stainless y-pipe
    flowmaster catback
    egr/air delete
    UMI subframe connectors
    hypertech programmer (just use it to adjust speedo, fan settings, shift points, and shift firmness)
    85mm MAF
    Supposedly has an LS6 cam in it (previous owner said so) but I doubt it, it had stock manifolds etc on it. She runs really good though

I think that's it for now on the performance list. I'm gonna be bracing the rear control arms and swapping in 1LE bushings soon, tubular panhard, upgrade the front sway bar and all the bushings, SLP Bilsteins, new stall converter, gonna get a PatrickG custom cam to run for awhile until I build a new motor for it and an NX kit that I need to put on just to name a few things lol. I've got big plans for her. I've got a set of ZR1's for the rear and GTO spares for the front to run at the track, just gotta order some DR's for em'.

Is it just me or does it look like the left part of the pipe was run over by a forklift?

now ya mention it

the section is oval in that area to clear the trans crossmember. It's not that bad but the stock pipe, it's that way all the way back pretty much and not very wide either. The new one is like a 1ft section where it's oval a little

Oh okay makes sense, you could tell in the installed pic that some sort of bending/flattening was required there, it just looked funny laying on the floor of the garage.

Going to need to see some burn-out / roaring exhaust vids soon...

Here's a pic of the stock exhaust:

Short vids for ya:

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Short vids for ya:
    Didn't see any tires smokin'!

HERE is a fine example!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

i just got new tires on, you wanna pay for them? lol, I'll get some vids at the track with drag radials soon though.

Nice!

thanks