Thread: Drool cup time!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    '01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Fair observations. To some extent every car looks like another car (afterall they all have 4 wheels and tires, headlights, and taillights, etc.) Think about it, automotive technology has been pretty much the same since the day it started. It hasn't really changed much and we haven't put much effort into developing revolutionary technologies that would completely change automotive transportation and design as we know it. Given that, I think each car has to be appreciated (or not appreciated) as its own and in its own terms. Saying one car looks like another and deconstructing it that way, mentally and verbally, just isn't fair to the vision, talent, and effort of the designers. It's like saying a Van Gough masterpiece looks just like your co-worker's child's finger painting because they both have X colors in common... and therefor, because of the similarities, the VG masterpiece is of the same caliber as the result of the kid's first introduction to paint. To compare that MG (which, like the VX, is very unique and interesting in its own way) to a current generation Eclipse (once a decent concept... now a mere example of poor execution) is just... wrong.

The MG SV's design is a bit busy and over the top (same can be said for the VX). But, I love it because it is so rare and refreshing for automotive designers (in the corporate environment) to throw caution to the wind and let their imagination and creativity flow freely. They had the balls to push the boundaries and dared to turn their vision into reality, you have to respect them for that. Remember, it is to that spirit we owe the priviledge of owning our VXs. If the folks at Isuzu hadn't forged ahead with the same spirit and enthusiasm for their creative vision, we'd all be driving something else that is much more mundane. With that in mind... it is sad to see some take the VXs unique styling for granted. Not that people don't have the right to personalize their ride as they wish... but the things I've seen... it's just sad.
    Last edited by paultvx : 09/12/2003 at 12:08 PM