Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rearended (yeah another)

Appointment is set at the collision center for Monday morning. VXKat thanks so much for that info. I'll pass it on to the repair shop when I take it in. I love the truck and hope to keep it, but have no desires for a "tweaked" frame vehicle, especially if auto reports will show it had to have the frame straightened. That would kill resale value if I ever decided on it. I'll keep everyone updated.

Oh yeah, both passengers and myself are fine. The hitch is pointing down about 30*'s from original angle and is cracked at the bolting point, as well as the gas tank cover and the rear door sits unevenly. I'm getting bummed talking about it.

Sorry to hear this Bob. http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/2135389837.html
    Someone said 1 plus equals 1 good one. If you have the cash and time then here is one that has been listed for more than 3 weeks.
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 01/23/2011 at 08:50 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Someone said 1 plus equals 1 good one. If you have the cash and time then here is one that has been listed for more than 3 weeks.
    there you go again, tempting me with this dang purple one!!!!
    My hubby is goin' wanna, um, um...hurt somebody if ya'll keep posting this one!

There WAS a time when I wouldn't have even considered owning a purple car....saw enough of them in LA when I lived there....but now...a VX....um, yes please! And yes, as a matter of fact I am nuts....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

KAT - I think you would probably look good in purple...

_______EEK !____Blasphemy...do the initials after the price on that ad mean NFM...NOT FOR ME

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Actually that one has been listed for several months if not more than a year. Hard to say whether he's that committed to $3K or that unable to find a buyer (the latter seems possible given the paint job).

Sue, maybe you should call him and offer $1500? If it needs engine work and is an off-the-wall color, maybe he'd give it up for a big discount.

I didn't think anyone was pay'n attention to that ad. Well if someone would like to go half with me I'll take the engine trans and drive shaft and they can have the body...

Wink

Other than the laws of physics creating various outcomes in damage....like how fast the guy hits you...how far he skidded before hitting you...weight of the vehicle hitting you...ride height..etc....etc...

I was impressed with Joe's use of the rhino step plug in bumper bar for the rear hitch. (the VX owner who does the calenders)

I have the D'Lan hitch (that was how it was spelled when I bought it) as does he and his experience was he was rear-ended I believe twice and only had to throw away the Rhino bumper bar and replace it for like $100. I know he made mention of a Mustang GT slamming into his rear and the only damage to his VX was the aforementioned Rhino bar. So I bought one..plus I like the look as it complements the Safari bar I have on the front-end and the rockslider bars on the sides.

I know it isn't a cure-all for rear-end collisions but I thought it can only help after reading Joe's posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Insurance people just called, said repairs were a little over 2k, with slight damage to the rear of the frame where the hitch mounts, they would repair that, reset the door hinges, replace both bumper and rear door plastics, the license plate frame bracket, gas tank shield and a new hitch of course.

Should be done by Thursday. I hope so, we have a camping trip planned, and the rental won't cut it in the woods!

They got all the cladding that quick?

They don't have it that I know of. I was just told they would have it back together by Thrusday or Friday at the latest. I am hoping they don't just try to repair the damaged stuff...

Repair people called today with an update. The Curt hitch isn't going to be in until next Wednesday, and the fuel tank shield is on backorder UNTIL FREAKING APRIL! I laughed at the guy when he said that and he told me I could take the truck back until the piece comes in and that it would be fully functional with the crack in it. So I laughed some more...

I don't believe I'll be off roading anytime soon where the tank cover will be necessary, but I'm kind of at a loss for words on any part backordered for 3 months. No way in heck it could be that high of a demand piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    Should be done by Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    They got all the cladding that quick?
    I thought that same thing mav...
    Anybody have experience getting NEW cladding pieces recently, or know what Merlin says about availability? I thought it was pretty difficult to find these/track them down, and that contributed to so many VXs being considered "totaled" by ins. companies???

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I thought that same thing mav...
    Anybody have experience getting NEW cladding pieces recently, or know what Merlin says about availability? I thought it was pretty difficult to find these/track them down, and that contributed to so many VXs being considered "totaled" by ins. companies???
    I ordered some items a few weeks ago and actually asked Merlin about the cladding. He said that everything was still available, but might take up to 8 weeks to get due to shippinng from overseas.

Everything still shows available on isuzuparts.com as well. Just in case you were wondering a total cladding replace, all 12 pieces, would cost you $2,880 plus shipping.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

heck for another $120 bucks you get a whole purple VX attached to the cladding