Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Colorado Meet Spring '11

sounds good, i gotta get my front end put back together before moab... Gotta fab some new brackets to drop the diff, ball joint flip and buy some new cv shafts. I am having a really hard time finding them though. I can only find the right side, no one sells the left. Does anyone know if the left and right side cv's are the same size? I know the green cups are diferrent lengths but the actual cv shaft itself is what I am referring to.I dont have mine anymore or I would measure them myself lol. I really dislike this user name lol, I have had it since high school, wish there was a way to change it.

raver, the left and right CV shafts ARE the same length so you should be good to go. I can't remember if we share our CV shafts with another Zu so hopefully someone will chime in about that. I know EMPI makes replacement shafts that fit our VX and I can get those numbers to you if you would like.

As for your screen name; you can PM Moncha (our esteemed administrator) and he can change your screen name for you. Easy peasy.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Left and right shaft are the same IF you are replacing from the green cup out. If you are replacing the entire shaft, then they are different. If you do a search you will find a post I started on the empi shafts which has all the part numbers you will need.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    If you need the inners, I ended up buying the 94' trooper empi left CV. The jack shaft (inner) is the exact same as the VX but the half shaft (outer) is 1" shorter. You then need to buy a later model trooper cv from empi to get the right haf shaft length. I was actually able used the shorter half shaft because it fit much better after doing a 2" diff drop. Either way I would get the same length halfshafts for both sides. Also, EMPI uses tripods on the inner (stronger) when you buy the complete CV rather than just the halfshaft.

...I know its confusing. If I ever have time, I want to write up a wiki with pics to help find the right CVs. You can pm me if you need help, I have all the part #s I used from EMPI.