Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My VX snow video from today

It was about 80 here today and very humid. All that moisture is headed north. I enjoyed your video. I miss the snow.

Pandora and Last.fm would probably make good friends for you
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

Very Nice Mark...I'm in central Illinois and we got hit hard...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Weather is weather here. Rainy, snowy, sunny, the only major concern we have is traffic. DC being the worst traffic area in the states, I would rather have the blizzards.

In the last 2 months, we have probably only raked in a total of 18" in my area. I personally enjoy the snow though, as long as I can have the roads to myself.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Got to sleep in late again today. School was closed another day today.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Well, this storm hardly impacted northern PA at all. Yesterday morn we had 4-5" of powder that I was out in at the tail end. It was quiet all afternoon. Last night it started as sleet, with possible heavy icing predicted. This morning I awoke to just a thin coat of ice. Something we see several times each winter.

The local news reported no bad ice in the area. So we were lucky. Today we'll see a mix of rain, sleet and snow with a high of about 35°. I'm off during the week, but if I had work, I wouldn't have missed any time at all.

I know many others are suffering bad. Just hang in there and ride it out. Spring is right around the corner.

Mark
    Last edited by deermagnet : 02/02/2011 at 08:08 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    And I had to go to Phoenix this week and miss all the fun...
    Dang, we were in Phoenix most of the day Monday...coulda met up for a drink or something! Let us know if you're in town again.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX View Post
    If I could get into the vx, I would get the camera and take a pic, but the truck is presently under at least 3/4" of ice.
    Take some pics of your ice truck, that would be cool to see!

Thumbs up

The VX got me home from work last night. 10:30 P.M. Even though it got me out of a 3' drift in our work parking lot and all the way home in very limited visibility, I'm sad to say that it didn't do it without suffering. My "Check Trans" light came on when I was 2/3 of the way home. The good news? Still under warranty!

We'll take some pictures and maybe video in a little bit. Right now we are focused on hibernating...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

I work from home, so I wasn't forced to go out in the snow. I don't mind driving in the snow, I just don't want to subject my VX to the chemicals they treat the roads with. I also prefer to distance myself from the other "expert" drivers on the road during these fun times.

However, I did shoot some video of the tree damage I found in the back yeard from the wet heavy snow we got last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPpADyM24N8
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Here's a pic of the VX parked in front of the house.

I moved it a little bit and the check tranny light was no longer on... maybe it healed itself? Yeah right... it's going into the shop ASAP!

Nice pic!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post
    Well, this storm hardly impacted northern PA at all. Yesterday morn we had 4-5" of powder that I was out in at the tail end. It was quiet all afternoon. Last night it started as sleet, with possible heavy icing predicted. This morning I awoke to just a thin coat of ice. Something we see several times each winter.

The local news reported no bad ice in the area. So we were lucky. Today we'll see a mix of rain, sleet and snow with a high of about 35°. I'm off during the week, but if I had work, I wouldn't have missed any time at all.

I know many others are suffering bad. Just hang in there and ride it out. Spring is right around the corner.

Mark
    Ditto! Carbon Copy of your experience 'cept I did work through it and as you said...stuff we see all the time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

According to the news, we got about 12" of snow in Oklahoma City. It's hard to tell because we also had 30-50 MPH winds. My yard, for example, was blown bare in places and there are 4 foot drifts in others. Snow blew in under and around my garage door and I had a 2 foot drift inside the garage! Also had to work on a 3 foot drift across the driveway and dig out a trail from the doggie door to the bare section of the back yard. (Actually did that one first - the poor dogs look kinda "backed up"!)

I couldn't help myself - I had to get out an play in the VX. I'd never driven a 4x4 in snow before and I'm absolutely amazed at how well it did. Around lunch time I had to rush home because traffic started picking up and, WOW, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Tailgating, texting, people passing in the rutted, un-cleared lanes, 3-4 cars at at time running red lights, pulling out into traffic as if the pavement was dry... Utter chaos! Every half mile there was a new winner in the "Stupidest Thing I Ever Saw" contest.

I didn't get to take many photos and those that I did snap were blurry as usual (my camera does NOT like snowscapes.) But one came out. Someone slid into a ditch and was pulled out. I'm pretty sure it was either a Dodge Ram or a Dodge Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by RickOKC View Post
    I didn't get to take many photos and those that I did snap were blurry as usual (my camera does NOT like snowscapes.) But one came out. Someone slid into a ditch and was pulled out. I'm pretty sure it was either a Dodge Ram or a Dodge Ram.

I love it, a grill print! Glad you made it home in one piece!

p.s..tip on taking snow pics with an autoexposure camera....if you can make adjustments on your camera, use the exposure compensation to over expose a few stops...will make the snow appear true white...not grayish. It comes out gray because the autoexposure program in the camera is always trying to make it a neutral, so the white snow ends up gray tone, like in your pic.