Thread: My VX snow video from today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    What was the audio in the clip?
    Yeah, I knew someone would find that song interesting. When choosing the music for my vid, I wanted something subdued to fit the slower driving speed and the winter scenery. Yet I didn't want it to be too quiet and boring. This song came to mind 'cuz of that great vocal piece that makes you listen as well as watch the vid. His tone of voice, the words, the strain in his voice and breathing just work great with that music.

The song is called Kobresia off of Substrata by Biosphere, which is really just Geir Jenssen from Norway. It's from 1997, but I just discovered it recently and it's amazing!

The voice heard in the song is from a documentary. A russian telepathic is trying to identify an object on a table in another room.
    This is the translation-
    "This is either a metal, or... if it is a metal, then it's painted... cold surface... This is either a metal, painted, or could be a plastic... Colorful, there are... Bright... Seems like... is this a toy, probably? The surface is smooth, but... there are some bumps on it... Even the finger stucks in it... Probably it is... some marks, or is this a letters?... Or just a bumps... Looks like a toy... Colorful metal, or a plastic, painted as a metal... That's all.. Stop."

I've been looking for new music, and ambient and ambient house are what I've been listening to lately. Another incredible album I discovered is Lifeforms by Future Sound of London from 1994. It's over 1.5 hours of ambient and techno and probably some other genres that I listen to almost every day.

I also picked up a bunch of stuff from The Orb, after hearing their recent album with David Gilmour called Metallic Spheres. Amazingly beautiful music!

This is a YouTube vid for Kobresia. Listen to the whole song. It changes near the end with some great piano.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KkaRLiyxg

This is another song from Substrata I want ya to listen to called Sphere of No-Form. It's absolutely amazing and unlike anything you've ever heard in your life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr2odxE0vGw

I just have to wonder how much incredible music is out there that I would love, but I don't even know it exists.

BTW, I can go off-topic like this 'cuz I started the thread.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 02/01/2011 at 07:57 PM