Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My VX snow video from today

My VX snow video from today

We've been having some incredible winter weather the last two months, yet there have been almost no winter pics, vids, and stories posted here. We need to get going people! This latest storm is going to affect a huge part of the country. Just get out and take a pic of your VX in the driveway or any local scenery. We'll take a look at anything you have.

We had a nice little storm this morning before the big mess hits tomorrow. I went out to shoot some video from the pass seat of my VX while on the back roads. It's nothing special. Take a look if you're bored.

Two sizes, same vid. WMV files only.

2:17, 11.2 mb, 320x240-
    http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vids2/2-1-11sno.wmv

2:17, 24.1 mb, 640x480-
    http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/vids2/2-1-11snow.wmv

There could be epic conditions over a large part of the country by tomorrow night. If you do go out, please be careful and stay safe.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer)

Last edited by deermagnet : 02/02/2011 at 06:46 PM

I'm so happy to be living in central FL right now! Heck, today I was running in shorts and T-shirt outside and even got pretty hot and sweaty from it!

Its been cold, but sunny and clear in Reno! In a way, I'm jealous of you guys getting all the snow.

Stay safe.

Bart

Watch out for the temperature drop coming behind the storm. We got just a little bit of snow here in the Aspen valley yesterday, but today the high temp was 12 degrees. It's supposed to get down to -15ish tonight and probably won't get much above zero tomorrow. The wind chill is making it feel like -30something and that's just unpleasant.

Be careful out there.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

ICE ICE BABY!
    Dallas always gets ice instead of snow...area is mostly shut down...hundreds of 18-wheelers stuck on the road since 9am...single digits tonight
    I can't bitch too much...some of you people live in Fargo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Our high in Denver was -4, we got a little bit of snow, I did a doughnut ...

and look at the pic in my sig, it snowed the day after I got mine. I thought it was a sign, but apparently not. Oh well, I need to train anyway and I hate working out indoors.
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

If I could get into the vx, I would get the camera and take a pic, but the truck is presently under at least 3/4" of ice. I did go out early thismorning backed up a couple of feet, then slid about 20 feet. Pulled back in my spot, and called it a day. I now know what a caged animal feels like. No one going anywhere for a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaVX View Post
    If I could get into the vx, I would get the camera and take a pic, but the truck is presently under at least 3/4" of ice. I did go out early thismorning backed up a couple of feet, then slid about 20 feet. Pulled back in my spot, and called it a day. I now know what a caged animal feels like. No one going anywhere for a couple of days.
    Same here...the couch is my friend...some cool dude got his rock-crawler out and pulled a bunch of people up the highway probably on CNN or youtube

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by mindaugas View Post
    Our high in Denver was -4, we got a little bit of snow, .
    And I had to go to Phoenix this week and miss all the fun...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Look at those tight packed iso bars in CO and around IA and IL. The wind must be fierce. There's everything from a tornado threat down south to dangerous ice and blizzard conditions up north.

Mark

Sweet Vid, I miss the snow sometimes. What was the audio in the clip?

We must be on the opposite side of this phenomenon. Today it was 42 and sunny, tomorrow it's supposed to be 70 () and windy, then back down to a high of 41 on Thursday.

I thought the world was supposed to end in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by deermagnet View Post

Look at those tight packed iso bars in CO and around IA and IL. The wind must be fierce. There's everything from a tornado threat down south to dangerous ice and blizzard conditions up north.

Mark
    That first red dot to the right if the "L" is right above my house. Yes, it is windy, and there is the strangest sound from the wind, and what I think is all the ice cracking on the tree branches. I've never heard anything like it. Very erie!

love it!

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    What was the audio in the clip?
    Yeah, I knew someone would find that song interesting. When choosing the music for my vid, I wanted something subdued to fit the slower driving speed and the winter scenery. Yet I didn't want it to be too quiet and boring. This song came to mind 'cuz of that great vocal piece that makes you listen as well as watch the vid. His tone of voice, the words, the strain in his voice and breathing just work great with that music.

The song is called Kobresia off of Substrata by Biosphere, which is really just Geir Jenssen from Norway. It's from 1997, but I just discovered it recently and it's amazing!

The voice heard in the song is from a documentary. A russian telepathic is trying to identify an object on a table in another room.
    This is the translation-
    "This is either a metal, or... if it is a metal, then it's painted... cold surface... This is either a metal, painted, or could be a plastic... Colorful, there are... Bright... Seems like... is this a toy, probably? The surface is smooth, but... there are some bumps on it... Even the finger stucks in it... Probably it is... some marks, or is this a letters?... Or just a bumps... Looks like a toy... Colorful metal, or a plastic, painted as a metal... That's all.. Stop."

I've been looking for new music, and ambient and ambient house are what I've been listening to lately. Another incredible album I discovered is Lifeforms by Future Sound of London from 1994. It's over 1.5 hours of ambient and techno and probably some other genres that I listen to almost every day.

I also picked up a bunch of stuff from The Orb, after hearing their recent album with David Gilmour called Metallic Spheres. Amazingly beautiful music!

This is a YouTube vid for Kobresia. Listen to the whole song. It changes near the end with some great piano.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KkaRLiyxg

This is another song from Substrata I want ya to listen to called Sphere of No-Form. It's absolutely amazing and unlike anything you've ever heard in your life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr2odxE0vGw

I just have to wonder how much incredible music is out there that I would love, but I don't even know it exists.

BTW, I can go off-topic like this 'cuz I started the thread.

Mark Griffin
    Last edited by deermagnet : 02/01/2011 at 07:57 PM