Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: This is for Zeus! Truck pics

Then make-a-wish granted me one
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Haha!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

John's SVO is still faster than anything I own at the moment lol. We'll see how she runs with the new turbo stuff, my eventual goal is 11.90's in the 1/4 but a more realistic goal is 12.50's, that's still moving for an extended cab fullsize pickup. I figure if it can hit 12's and still be able to pull a car trailer and haul my kids around, I've got an awesome multi-use vehicle lol. I could make it faster than that and go "crazy" with it but I'm wanting to keep it "budget" friendly and 100% reliable/comfortable from day-to-day

That's a good plan, as my SVO won't carry more than 2 people, and I don't trust it beyond a 20 mile distance from the house LOL!

I wish I could have gotten that lightning from FS that was listed a few weeks ago, but the wife wants silly things like a house and groceries instead of me having an awesome race truck!

damn wives and there needs, geez. They need to get their priorities straight!!!!

Thanks man, I want this truck to be 100% useful as a truck so I've tried to plan some of my mods out accordingly. Like I'm gonna run a single Denso in-tank Supra TT pump, be plenty for my goals and super reliable and less hassle to deal with like dual pumps, an intercooler that will fit behind the front bumper and not block airflow to the radiator and external trans cooler, even thinking about keeping my clutch fan. Ya it'll rob some power but the right e-fan setup to keep it cool is $$$$ and the LS1 fan swap that everyone does still allows the AC to warm up in traffic because it doesn't cover enough of the radiator. Ya that lightning would have been sweet but then you'd still have a 2 seater (3 at best) truck. I'd save up and look around for a Harley Edition, I told myself if I didn't get a GM truck that I REALLY liked I would keep my eye out for one of the early HD trucks. Lightning with more room Actually saw one today at my buddies shop, hearing that (h)eaton whine when he took off always makes me grin.

I've looked at those too, but everyone wants a TON of money if it's not partially trashed or not running. They seem to be holding value very well, and sellers know it!

Heehee, and here I thought I would have enjoyed the married life! HAHA, then again, I know a guy who is on his way to an awesome race truck and has a wife with a boob job! Damn it! Some guys have all the luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I've looked at those too, but everyone wants a TON of money if it's not partially trashed or not running. They seem to be holding value very well, and sellers know it!
    Ya that's what I was seeing when I was looking at them. I did find some around 10K in decent shape at times, had to drive far though to take a look at them

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Heehee, and here I thought I would have enjoyed the married life! HAHA, then again, I know a guy who is on his way to an awesome race truck and has a wife with a boob job! Damn it! Some guys have all the luck!
    That dude must be one lucky guy!!

spam!!!!!!!!!

Been awhile since I added anything in here. Traded my stock 20's for some 22's the other day, and started cutting up a spare billet grille to go in my chrome bumper and the lower plastic portion.

In the front pic of the chrome bumper, your reflection looks like ur out there in some bikini briefs taking those pics!

akward....

Nah I was naked and hairy lol. I was wearing mesh gym shorts

Here they are all mocked up:

So I took some "spare" parts I had lying around, including Brandon's old Magnaflow and made a side exit exhaust for her. I had the stock exhaust tips plus some piping left over my my Z28 that happened to fit about perfect (the one tip had a 90 degree bend that happened to be the perfect length to the muffler underneath lol). I extended the pipe off the other tip and cut a hole in the pipe off the muffler to make both tips functional. It's not PERFECT but it works and sounds good. The angle on the bed (which surprisingly isn't straight, it curves down near the tire) throws off the look of the tips in the pic. They are pretty sraight

The one pipe even had the factory exhaust hanger bracket in the right place. i took the factory piece off my stock exhaust and welded it to the frame above the pipes and used the stock rubber hanger. Worked out pretty well.

kewl... I need to buy a welder

I'd break so much of my own stuff it wouldn't be funny.