Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: This is for Zeus! Truck pics

My new (to me) Sierra

Well after you asked in your thread it made me want to go snap a few pics of the Sierra. Here ya go!

Forgive the dirt, it's been raining everyday this week just about

Interior is super clean:

Has a nice Pioneer head unit, all upgraded speakers and an MTX Thunderform sub/amp combo under the rear seat. Sounds really nice in the truck

They had a recall on the factory gauge clusters so when the previous owner had it fixed, he paid extra for the Silverado SS cluster, even has a factory Trans Temp gauge on the lower left!! (yes it works)

So much more room for the kids now and to haul us around and all our crap

Has the factory heavy duty towing package with extra trans cooler and an oil cooler, 3.73 gears, high performance suspension package (quoting the window sticker lol, it was a $32K+ truck new in 04') etc. It's a 2wd but has the same frame setup as the 4wd/SS's with the torsion bars up front instead of coil springs, 4wheel discs, has the same tbars and keys as the SS too. I'm thinking about throwing some headers on it through the factory muffler to keep it quiet but have a cutout on it, I'm dropping the rear to level it out, new intake, thinking about a cam swap with a trailblazer converter to aid in towing and some more performance. And thinking about dropping this nitrous kit I have laying here in it for fun.
    Last edited by RamAirZ : 02/08/2011 at 01:23 PM
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

You are such a car whore!

don't hate the player, hate the game lol. And last I checked you got the svo, got rid of the Mach, got the VX and if they total'd it you were gonna get a Lightning! I might have an 89' Trooper RS soon too if this guy gets back to me.

hehehe... There is a nice lightning on FS right now that I really want. If I had any backbone I would empty the bank account and just go buy it, but I'm afraid of what my wife might do to me while I sleep.

Ya, hopefully her name isn't Lorena!! You talking about that black one on there? That'd be a sweet truck, I'd have to go with a Harley Edition crew cab though if I went with a supercharged Ford truck, I need the room, damn family lol. Gotta love my wife though, I'm not allowed to buy another project car until I buy my 1st gen Camaro that I've always wanted. She's got her priorities straight!

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    Well after you asked in your thread it made me want to go snap a few pics of the Sierra. Here ya go!

They had a recall on the factory gauge clusters so when the previous owner had it fixed, he paid extra for the Silverado SS cluster, even has a factory Trans Temp gauge on the lower left!! (yes it works)

Has the factory heavy duty towing package with extra trans cooler and an oil cooler, 3.73 gears, high performance suspension package (quoting the window sticker lol, it was a $32K+ truck new in 04') etc. It's a 2wd but has the same frame setup as the 4wd/SS's with the torsion bars up front instead of coil springs, 4wheel discs, has the same tbars and keys as the SS too. I'm thinking about throwing some headers on it through the factory muffler to keep it quiet but have a cutout on it, I'm dropping the rear to level it out, new intake, thinking about a cam swap with a trailblazer converter to aid in towing and some more performance. And thinking about dropping this nitrous kit I have laying here in it for fun.
    Hmmpt, I never knew they offered such a thing as a 2wd w/torsion bars! Does that mean with a t-case and front axle you are fully ready for AWD if you wanted it? Same A-arms and knuckles and all that as well?

I wish mine came with a trans temp gauge - 'my' Sierra must not have come with the HD tow package.

This truck should be really handy for you to get all those parts for your Camaro project... IF YOU CAN KEEP IT LONG ENOUGH!!! I wish your wife luck convincing you not to make a project truck out of this one! Still, I think you should consider air overloads in the rear after you drop it.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Hmmpt, I never knew they offered such a thing as a 2wd w/torsion bars! Does that mean with a t-case and front axle you are fully ready for AWD if you wanted it? Same A-arms and knuckles and all that as well?

I wish mine came with a trans temp gauge - 'my' Sierra must not have come with the HD tow package.

This truck should be really handy for you to get all those parts for your Camaro project... IF YOU CAN KEEP IT LONG ENOUGH!!! I wish your wife luck convincing you not to make a project truck out of this one! Still, I think you should consider air overloads in the rear after you drop it.

Yup, it's one of those bastard trucks lol. The VHO's were like that too. The only thing I need to do to convert it to AWD is change out the hub/bearing assembly for one for awd/4wd (will swap right out), bolt in a front diff (has all the mounting points) and swap the trans and add a tcase. I already found a complete AWD setup for it minus the trans (tcase, front diff, cv's, driveshafts etc etc) for $1400 shipped to my door. Haven't decided if I want to go that route though. The front diffs had issues with the factory spider gears not holding up and needing to redo the whole case (if you didn't crack it when it blew) so not sure if it's gonna be worth the money.

Ya I love the tranny temp gauge, will help out alot when towing. I know I say this alot but I really think this truck will be around for awhile, if it's not it'll be gone for another truck just like it basically (would have to be a duramax truck). I really miss having an actual full-size truck. Here's crossing my fingers, but I hope this one is around for awhile lol. The wife didn't say I couldn't make this a project, she just said I couldn't buy another one I've already ordered a few things for it I'm debating if I want to go with the air springs or these other things I found that are like a big rubber bumpstop that sits on the axle when compressed. Basically acts the same as an airbag when loaded down but you don't need to air it up.

Nice truck. What did it run you, or did you trade the Camaro for it?

Thanks! and I traded the Camaro. Nada and KBB put it at around 12500.

You shouldn't have to swap out the trans, just the tail end to fit a t-case (to my understanding). 'Course that's a lot of extra unneeded weight for a Florida tow rig. Interesting ride with lots of potential!

I'd have to swap the output shaft on my trans, if I was gonna do that I'd rather get a 4wd 4L80E trans to bolt in there instead lol. Ya I'm excited about it! Snapped a nice pic after the wash today, will post later

My first new parts!

For Sale: 2004 GMC Sierra

jerk lol. It's not going anywhere......................yet Maybe I can trade up again hahahahaha. I at least need to get a few new parts installed first