Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TC Black Fusion cladding reconditioner - info & experience

Yeah, shipping is abusive on both their ebay listing and their webstie. Mine was $15.13 on ebay, but that was .40 cents cheaper than their website.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

and ive yet to find it carried in any stores...and ive been surfin the heck out of the stuff via the web

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Nope, she has a foxfire
    Oh dear. I must ask forgiveness from the council...I have surely committed an impardonable act. Please do not excommunicate me everybody. I dearly need the forum and would be crushed if I were cast out. I called a foxfire.....maroon. sorry.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Can't recall the type of plastic our cladding is....TPO or some 3 initials...don't think it's PVC . I want to mention it to the rep. Searched but it's too broad to find it easily.....Anybody recall??[/QUOTE]

Sue, that would be TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) or TPR (Thermoplastic Rubber). They are the same thing, just a different acronym. The snowmobile and atv market has been using it for years. Sorry, I had an FYI moment...
    Vixer Fixer

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Oh dear. I must ask forgiveness from the council...I have surely committed an impardonable act. Please do not excommunicate me everybody. I dearly need the forum and would be crushed if I were cast out. I called a foxfire.....maroon. sorry.
    Ebz, you are banished! What next, you drive a BLACK VX???

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yeah, shipping is abusive on both their ebay listing and their webstie. Mine was $15.13 on ebay, but that was .40 cents cheaper than their website.
    Just wanted to point out that even with pricey shipping this product is cheaper than TS-1 Armordillo (assuming it lasts as long as advertised). I think I'm going to finish off my TS-1 pads over the next 3-6 months then consider picking up a bottle of this stuff if you guys give it good reviews.

Regarding rowhard's comment on black vs. dark gray... I don't know that it's too big a deal if the cladding ends up darker than it looked from the factory, but I do question how good black cladding will look on a Foxfire or Dragon.

I think you guys will like this stuff it usually is available only to professional detailer and mine is one of the best. It lasts and lasts and yes it does work on the hood insert. We get those looking good. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Well golly....It looks black to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezr View Post
    Well golly....It looks black to me.
    Oh man, we can't banish him Scott...he clearly needs our help....lots of help!
    OK Ebz, it's spelled E-B-O-N-Y and it looks black.....but promise us now you'll never call it black again and we'll let cha back in our clubhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Oh man, we can't banish him Scott...he clearly needs our help....lots of help!
    OK Ebz, it's spelled E-B-O-N-Y and it looks black.....but promise us now you'll never call it black again and we'll let cha back in our clubhouse!
    But see KAT isn't it a white one you have in your original post.....Oh no. I did it again. Its a Alpine??? Oh mercy mercy...have mercy!

something seems fishy

This stuff is available to profesional detailers and is used by car dealers. Not available in stores but everyone loves it. Decent price but S&H is way more than actual cost to ship. All the eperts use it but no one has ever heard of it and the company pres says so. These are things that to me mean scam.
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    This stuff is available to profesional detailers and is used by car dealers. Not available in stores but everyone loves it. Decent price but S&H is way more than actual cost to ship. All the eperts use it but no one has ever heard of it and the company pres says so. These are things that to me mean scam.
    I wouldn't jump to scam that quick Dave. Abusive shipping?...Yes, for sure, but seems that's the "norm" pretty much these days, especially on ebay.
    I felt much better knowing that Richard Payne has been using it for 6 months with good results. If it last 6 months, and darkens my clad a bit I'll be happy. If I don't like it, it apparently wears off...so I figured it's not too big of a risk. To properly "paint" my cladding to be a darker shade in a nice matte finish is around $600....I just can't justify that for me, so for $35 I thought I'd give 'er a go!

does anyone know how long this product has been in existence....if the guy on ebay is the manufacturer....he's only accumulated (3) rating....for those familiar with ebay....thats a newbie or someone who starts new accounts all the time...sometimes for unscrupulous reasons
    Last edited by VXjunky : 02/10/2011 at 12:55 AM

Well, unless Richard is flat out lying to everyone that his crew uses it and it works as advertised it seems pretty safe to say the guy isn't scamming everyone. Given that Richard has become a pretty active member of the board recently I just have a hard time believing that.

Usually scams don't revolve around a very specialized, small demographic product that costs less than 100 bucks.
    macintosh man

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    Well, unless Richard is flat out lying to everyone that his crew uses it and it works as advertised it seems pretty safe to say the guy isn't scamming everyone. Given that Richard has become a pretty active member of the board recently I just have a hard time believing that.

Usually scams don't revolve around a very specialized, small demographic product that costs less than $40 bucks.
    x2...what he said.