Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ford Vertrek - VX Reincarnated as a Ford??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ford Vertrek - VX Reincarnated as a Ford??

Has anyone seen this new concept SUV?

http://carguideblog.com/11330/ford-v...e-kuga-models/

From certain angles, it reminds me of our beloved VX's. I must admit, if this ever goes into production, I may actually consider buying a Ford..

Not bad. WAY too many doors, though. Darn it, when I buy a vehicle, I insist it's almost impossible to get into the back seats The way the roof line tapers down toward the back reminds me of the Evoque (easily the best looking current crossover IMO) but the grill looks a lot more Audi than Ford. The 3rd to the last photos makes it look like Ford has finally perfected Doctor Who's TARDIS technology. In the side view it appears there would be about 3 feet of cargo room behind the rear seats, that photo taken through the rear hatch looks like there will be about 6 feet!

A little too generic looking for me. Why are all the consepts watered done before they are produced?

Ford Vertrek--- Are you kidding me??? A 4-door piece of junk with a copied BMW 3rd quarter window treatment (if it has 4-doors, I don't want it). It only has a small 1600cc engine that's built on the new Ford Fiesta platform and repackaged/rebodied to be a CUV (Compact Utility Vehicle). If you ever take that off-road; your friend better have a tow truck, because you're gonna get stuck bigtime!!!

What Ford should be building is the "Retro Ford Bronco 2-Door Concept" with a powerful V-8 and traditional 4WD transfer case (2H, 4H, 4L). Now that would sell like hot cakes and be off-road worthy!!! Do an internet search for the "Ford Bronco Concept" and prepare to be amazed.

The only quality 2-Door CUV coming out soon is the very expensive LR Evoque (available in both 2-door & 4-door editions). Most likely to be in the $50K (+/-) price range.

Riff,
    I don't care what you drive, if you're going off-roading you'll probably get stuck sometime. BTW - Do you take your VX off the road?
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    What Ford should be building is the "Retro Ford Bronco 2-Door Concept" with a powerful V-8 and traditional 4WD transfer case (2H, 4H, 4L). Now that would sell like hot cakes and be off-road worthy!!! Do an internet search for the "Ford Bronco Concept" and prepare to be amazed.
    Sadly "cool" and "volume seller" are rarely applied to the same vehicle. The Bronco would sell well to two-door enthusiasts and Wrangler owners looking for variety, but it would never achieve the sales volume that Vertrek would. Both cool designs, but the Vertrek simply appeals to a larger audience due to its four doors.

Here's hoping Ford makes both of them. Now that Explorer and Escape (future Vertrek) are going to car-based crossover designs, maybe Ford will give some thought to building a niche offroader to fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    It only has a small 1600cc engine If you ever take that off-road; your friend better have a tow truck, because you're gonna get stuck bigtime!!!
    This new small 1600cc engine will make more power than our "large" 3.5L engine's ever would, even those with the super chargers.

I didn't read the article, but are they making this in an awd or 4x4 option?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    I didn't read the article, but are they making this in an awd or 4x4 option?
    It will be front drive with an all wheel drive available, but the light-duty type typical of awd cars etc (similar to current Escape). However it will have some electronic wheel-slip control built in.

this is the study for the new version of a compact SUV that ford sells in Europe as FORD KUGA. It's nice, and is cheap.
    But nothing out of the ordinary as the VX!!!

http://www.google.it/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1259&bih=560

Quote Originally Posted by vxaddict View Post
    From certain angles, it reminds me of our beloved VX's.
    What angles would those be? From under the tires...looking up? I'm an old Ford fan, but there's nothing appealing in those lines!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Ford is good at copy cating. Back in the 70's when vw took the market with the Rabbit they came out with the Fiesta which looked identical.

looks like

a morono to me. Misspelling done on purpose
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

That.... is no.... VX.

Not even close.

WTF you thinking?

that would get stuck on level ground. (he he he.)
    Last edited by Ebenezr : 02/14/2011 at 10:38 AM

I will consider the new Escape when it comes time to replace my daily driver 2003 Escape, currently with 160,000 problem free miles. The new one looks pretty cool. If it holds up like my old one, it will be well worth it.