....and getting rid of the traditional head unit. I ordered some miniature linear actuators for another project that I was working on that will no longer require them, and I can fab something up so that it either pops up from a slot cut in the dash and hard wire it in (preferred method), flips down from the roof (second option) or I can use a traditional suction mount.

In my Acura, I put together a CarPC setup, and this method would streamline a lot of what I did, specifically, it would enable me to keep everything contained in a unit as opposed to having a separate LCD and computer running everything.

One of the reasons I went CarPC is b/c I have miniature cameras setup so that I record the activity of what's going on in front of and behind me, and the video feed is stored on the SD card, and then uploaded off site, which is awesome. I found an Android app that will do the same thing (http://www.dailyroads.com/voyager.php), and still keep recording while navigation and other apps (Power Amp, anyone?) are still running, eliminating the need to buy all of that stuff. Since my Android phone is rooted and the hotspot feature is unlocked, while in the truck, the tablet can use the phone's Internet connection. In the CarPC, I use a 3.5mm to RCA jack that feeds into the EQ, then to the amps, which gives me full control over everything. I'd be able replicate the same thing w/the tablet. I feel I'll be moving forward on this in the next few weeks.

Thoughts?