Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cladding treatment...pics

So what's in Turtle Wax interior spray wax that's different than other treatments? The old Meguiar's #42 worked great and didn't attract dirt.

Or its neither, considering my first post mentioned ICE. But I used to use the Turtle wax interior spray on the cladding.

And we had more rain all yesterday and last night with some flooding. I will take another picture later today.
    Last edited by JHarris1385 : 02/25/2011 at 07:23 AM

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    I am pleased with it and have been for years. I have mentioned it several times before but no one has really ever tried it...other than a few locals that have seen it in person....
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Or its neither, considering my first post mentioned ICE. But I used to use the Turtle wax interior spray on the cladding.

And we had more rain all yesterday and last night with some flooding. I will take another picture later today.
    So are we guessing what you just started using, or what you've been using "for years?"

I have gone between using Turtle Wax interior and this since I got my VX. The reason the turtle wax caught my attention is the UV ray blocking abilities. However for the last few years I have been using PLEDGE! I just stated Turtle Wax as it would keep that thread more on topic, as I would assume stating that I use Pledge would would create some questioning.

I went to this direction for a couple of reasons...Pledge is a spray can and not a pump style = a little quicker. And it is cheaper. This application cost me about $0.75. I used an off brand this time.

I just thought about posting after seeing a brief mention of autos in the recent Pledge commercial. Even though it surely does not mention cladding and refers to the interior. But seeing it made me want to post it. I would say try it before you knock it. It looks good today and we had HEAVY rain for hours. I will get around to that post later today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9XC9oUytPk

Any issues with overspray landing on the paint? That's why I don't use aerosol tire gels anymore, I found they clouded the clearcoat around the wheel wells on my last vehicle.

Also - how long does this last maximum (with or without rain)?

No issues. I actually sprayed the wheels and tires this time to see what would happen...all looks fine. But I have never tried that on my chrome 20's or stocks.

It lasts probably 3-4 weeks in good condition. But I cant really say I have let it go for as long as it would last.

Does it smell lemony fresh too?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

No...Citrusy fresh...duh!

Wow, can't say I recall ever reading about using Pledge. It makes perfect sense though, probably really conditions the plastic with the lemon/citrus oils. Probably would be a dust magnet on my roads though. GAWD knows it smells 100 times better than the Meguiar's grape tire gel!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

hey

I like the smell of the grape tire gel. The only think I hate is trying to get the excess out of the small ridges. Anyone have a trick for that?
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

with caruba ahn montan.? (irish accent)