Latest update:

Got a bunch of trail rash a few days ago, on both paint and cladding. (See pics at very bottom of post)
Used Meguiar's medium cut compound on the paint, worked great.

Scratches on cladding were pretty light, but still were physically scratched into cladding.

After thinking on it for a few days....decided to use the applicator that came with the TC Black Fusion...a sponge covered in a terry cloth fabric.

Had a little dye mixture left, so dipped the sponge tip and top 1/2" or so.

Pics make cladding appear a little lighter than it is...but it's still a dark charcoal.

Applied in broad light strokes, WORKED PERFECTLY!!! Leaves no streaks or texture marks, and you can control how much is applied. I got rid of the streaks I did have using this. Plus, it used the product very sparingly...whereas I thought it would absorb and waste a lot of it.

I'm now 100% sure I can touch up any scratches in the future. Nothing chipped off, it's totally absorbed into the plastic.
Mfg has a topcoat product I'm going to look into for details. But if it's topical and can chip off I'll skip it.

*** THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST APPLICATOR TO USE TO APPLY THIS DYE ***

Can see scratches with the sunlight just right. But the dye just covered it pretty much, but since they're physically there, you can still see them in certain light.

3rd coat significantly improved problem area I had on this corner.

WAIT, whose paw prints are those? Cody!!!!

Pics of trail rash while still dusty.