Thread: "Showroom New" Trim Restorer- info & experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just got back from URE. I dragged the whole drivers side down a mud wall, enough that it was all that kept me from tipping. The cladding was scratched, but still black!! The mud washed off, and it still looks good. I am sold on this stuff now!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Just got back from URE. I dragged the whole drivers side down a mud wall, enough that it was all that kept me from tipping. The cladding was scratched, but still black!! The mud washed off, and it still looks good. I am sold on this stuff now!
    Probably a good example of where GatorBack would NOT be the product of choice. But hey, if you don't plan on dragging the entire side of your truck on the ground like Marlin (), GB would be perfect.

GB gives that perfect smooth finish too, looks so good...but folks like Marlin would just chew it up and destroy it...what's that program called "Destroyed in Seconds"?....I'll bet that's what Marlin's parents said alot when he was growing up...
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I don't always restore cladding........

but when I do, I use SHOWROOM NEW TRIM RESTORER!!!! This stuff did an unbelievable job on my completely faded cladding on my new VX. I used straight black, applying two coats; one by hand and the second using a Preval Sprayer. Anyone can do this with some patience. Here's some pics. for the people still on the fence.

A big shout out to Sue (VX Kat) for being the first to try this!!!!!!

Last edited by Child's Play : 07/07/2011 at 06:03 AM Reason: Align Pictures

I think you guys are spending way too much time on the application. I just used a greenie and dish soap to clean the cladding, quick and dirty. I then brushed it on with a crappy Harbor Freight paint brush. No fancy feathering, not sponging, one coat covered it just fine. The imperfections will wash out over time. I have had mine covered in mud, dragged across a mud bank, scratched the cladding, its still black. Great stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I think you guys are spending way too much time on the application. I just used a greenie and dish soap to clean the cladding, quick and dirty. I then brushed it on with a crappy Harbor Freight paint brush. No fancy feathering, not sponging, one coat covered it just fine. The imperfections will wash out over time. I have had mine covered in mud, dragged across a mud bank, scratched the cladding, its still black. Great stuff!!!
    Um, yeah, we've seen what you "do" to yer truck Marlin......... ...
    Some of us actually like to have a good coat of "clean" to look at on ours...and with nice cladding too!

Quote Originally Posted by Child's Play View Post
    but when I do, I use SHOWROOM NEW TRIM RESTORER!!!! This stuff did an unbelievable job on my completely faded cladding on my new VX. I used straight black, applying two coats; one by hand and the second using a Preval Sprayer. Anyone can do this with some patience. Here's some pics. for the people still on the fence.

A big shout out to Sue (VX Kat) for being the first to try this!!!!!!

[/LEFT]
    WoW! that's amazing! That darker shade looks soooooo good with the Ebony! And the cladding screws really accent it nicely! Did you paint them silver or replace with stainless?

Painted

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    WoW! that's amazing! That darker shade looks soooooo good with the Ebony! And the cladding screws really accent it nicely! Did you paint them silver or replace with stainless?
    Painted with Kaiser Silver and cleared..... Gonna paint the hood insert the same color due to it being so oxidized.... Hopefully will look pretty good when completed.