Thread: "Showroom New" Trim Restorer- info & experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    So I want to have black cladding to match my black hood, what do I get? Gatorback or Showroom New? Have we make a collective "forum decision" on which one is better?
    IMO, Gatorback is much smoother and uniform looking, BUT it will chip off when abraded. I found that SRN didn't really "chip" off when it got trail rash, but did show something like scratches from it, and you can just touch it up lightly with a rag. I think Grif, didn't you find that to be true? That's the ONLY reason I decided not to try GatorBack....so anybody that encounters trail rash....might want to seriously consider that. However, I THINK I recall Mike Nomy said he also could also touch up the GB with just spraying more on.....I think....I'd have to re-read this thread.

Oh, forgot to mention....hubby did drip just a few drops of gas on the cladding .. ...and because I had previously advised him to NEVER rub it with any type of rag...he left it and it came right off at home, no residual at all......well, maybe a few days off my life, but no visual evidence that the cladding ever got gas on it. (but hey, how can I be upset with my hunny doing me a favor and getting the gas that day ) ..
    Last edited by VX KAT : 11/05/2011 at 08:33 PM
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.