Thread: "Showroom New" Trim Restorer- info & experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought some pads that have microfiber cloth on the outside and foam on the inside-- palm sized. I used enough Showroom New that it didn't run, but wasn't drying out. I waited about a hour between coats. Each coat was as streaky as the last. I shook it thoroughly in the bottle and mixed it up again in a glass jar. Applied it in 70 degree weather out of the sun. Basically, I followed all of the advice I've seen. I absolutely believe it had previously been treated. I really can't blame the product. Maybe I should have wiped it down with acetone prior to applying it, but the manufacturer's instructions said soap & water (used purple power), rinsed it and let it dry. I'm not upset, Line-X is a better solution anyway.

ALSO>>> I applied some to the step on the back bumper of my 2000 Rodeo and it looks flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by ssignature View Post
    I bought some pads that have microfiber cloth on the outside and foam on the inside-- palm sized. I used enough Showroom New that it didn't run, but wasn't drying out. I waited about a hour between coats. Each coat was as streaky as the last. I shook it thoroughly in the bottle and mixed it up again in a glass jar. Applied it in 70 degree weather out of the sun. Basically, I followed all of the advice I've seen. I absolutely believe it had previously been treated. I really can't blame the product. Maybe I should have wiped it down with acetone prior to applying it, but the manufacturer's instructions said soap & water (used purple power), rinsed it and let it dry. I'm not upset, Line-X is a better solution anyway.

ALSO>>> I applied some to the step on the back bumper of my 2000 Rodeo and it looks flawless.
    Yeah the Line-X will look great!
    I think it may have been much better if you let each coat dry more like 6+ hrs or more (despite what bottle says). I found it looked significantly different from one hour drying time vs. 6 - 24 hr drying. Don't know why, but the streaks definitely went away.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.