Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NewBie Help please!! 2001 Yellow VX

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    I generally stick with stock as I do not 4 wheel. All these questions about tires dont the tire companies know what will work on vehicles? I know tirerack has a fitment program as well that will show what fits though I never used it for large sized tires.
    I think Tire Rack's program only gives you a "Yes/No" as to whether something will fit. This site gives you all the numbers (how much less space at the top of the wheel well, whether the change in offset will affect the suspension and/or brake system, etc.) so that you can take a ruler out to your rig and see for yourself.

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT
    vt. mav said he had to trim cladding to a slightly different degree on each side for his tire/wheel application, so he obviously had some variance, but all very doable.
    I went to 265/60/18's on 8x18 Borbet rims with -2 offset (stock is +38) which caused the tires to stick out 2" further than stock. By contrast, going to a 285/60/18 on stock rims (as Sue and others have done) causes the tires to stick out only 0.8" further than stock. That difference is why I trimmed a tiny bit more but at a different angle.

I got those numbers from the link I posted above. When you fill out all the info you'll get this analysis back:

Package will stick out 50 mm (2'') farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset. Will fill out the wheelwell by extra 12 mm. Acceptable for most cars.

Quote Originally Posted by khoipong View Post
    Riff raff of anyone? I just want to confirm My proton is stock height I got some 16x8 rockcrawlers and am thinking about purchasing some mickey thompson MTZ's. Riff raff mentioned I can fit a 285/70/16 on stock height. But the tire shop is saying i cant. I know alot of times these people dont know much especially about our vx's just want to make sure someone has done it already and it will fit on the stick height. Give me your thoughts. I looking for a real aggressive look. I know i can run a 265/75/16 but I would rather the wider tire if it will fit. thanks guys
    Riff raff or anyone? I just want to confirm My proton is stock height I got some 16x8 rockcrawlers and am thinking about purchasing some mickey thompson MTZ's. Riff raff mentioned I can fit a 285/70/16 on stock height. But the tire shop is saying i cant. I know alot of times these people dont know much especially about our vx's just want to make sure someone has done it already and it will fit on the stick height. Give me your thoughts. I looking for a real aggressive look. I know i can run a 265/75/16 but I would rather the wider tire if it will fit. thanks guys
    Riff raff of anyone? I just want to confirm My proton is stock height I got some 16x8 rockcrawlers and am thinking about purchasing some mickey thompson MTZ's. Riff raff mentioned I can fit a 285/70/16 on stock height. But the tire shop is saying i cant. I know alot of times these people dont know much especially about our vx's just want to make sure someone has done it already and it will fit on the stick height. Give me your thoughts. I looking for a real aggressive look. I know i can run a 265/75/16 but I would rather the wider tire if it will fit. thanks guys
    I missed it the first three times - want to post the message again?

@Marlin: What model number is your Rage Basket? ER-08208 ?
    I found it on eBay and want to buy it. I like the rugged tubing look of the Yakima, but always hated the squared off look and had been considering modifying it. Now I think I'm going to sell mine on Craigslist and pick up the Rage.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com