Thread: Not Original VX Owner Roll Call

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The first time I saw one was in 2000 I think, it was an Ironman next to me getting gas. I remember thinking, wow, this is the first car I have ever seen that looks good. I was never a fan of the way Ferari, Lambo, Porshes look, not counting their performance. The Vehicross had absolutely everything I wanted. Off road capability, tiny, tow door, and a decent sized motor. But $30k was out of the question so I promised myself that in a few years when they came down in price I would get one. It took me 11 years, but everything finally came together. I bought my 2000 Foxfire in January 2011 and every time I drive it I fall a little more in love.

113k miles right now. I am the 3rd owner. The first was a lease, the second owner had it from 2001 until 2010 and then I bought it. Few scrapes and misc stuff, but nothing that cannot be fixed. I plan on keeping it forever, despite it being neither baby or dog friendly.
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

I guess I'm like most of the others who have posted. I had to wait till used prices came down to match my affordability.

Then I saw this Proton lifted with 33's and the spare mounted on the rear door & I was hooked. The owner mentioned the forum so I had to check it out. After reading how Y'all were trashing him & the rig, I knew I'd just found a new home for me & my perverse humor.

Paid more for it than I should've & had it shipped from MO to VA. It sat in my driveway for 2 weeks waiting on clear title. The rest is history.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.