Thread: Got Rearended...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Got Rearended...

Not in the VX though! (whew)

Saturday afternoon at around 1:00 in the afternoon I came to a stop at a red light and a girl behind me driving a nissan 4 door sedan of some type didn't see me stop and creamed my rear end at around 45 mph. I was driving my bosses 2008 BMW 535xi my VX is still in the shop (-.- ugh) so I had been driving my Mazda MX-5 as a daily driver and boy am I glad I was in the BMW instead of that tiny death trap or I might not have been able to type this up right now. I ended up with a pretty bad case of whiplash and some muscle spasms which are being taken care of by some quite strong pain meds and some muscle relaxants. No scrapes bruises or any other injuries at all not even a headache.

The girl who hit me was not as fortunate. She had cuts all up her arms and some pretty bad burns on her wrists from the airbag and her thumbs were most likely broken (had turned black and were swollen very badly within a few minutes) her entire face was blue and already swollen before the police or anyone got there. Im sure she is feeling alot worse than I am right now. But thankfully everyone came out with what I could call minor injuries for the speed and energy of a crash like this.

I can now say though that a safe car is most definitely a BMW 535xi! It held up amazingly in the crash. Damage wise only the rear bumper was slightly warped and had a few minor holes punched in it about 3 inches long and 1 inch tall (I guess from some type of inner metal bumper?) the exhaust pipes were messed up as well, but the trunk lid was untouched and no lights broken absolutely amazing! When I looked in the rear-view mirror at her car and saw the damage I was expecting to see the entire back end of the BMW smashed in once I got out.

The girls nissan was un-moveable. Front bumper was in two pieces cracked right down the middle and the radiator and other parts were all busted and leaking everywhere and the hood was bent all the way up almost touching the windshield. The car was unrecognizable from the front.

In the end I guess I can say at least my VX is still in the shop and was not involved!

Wow, glad to hear you're in one piece and generally OK. Hope you get better soon...but wow, you're goin' be so sore in about a day or two.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Glad to hear you're alive and relatively unscathed, and that the girl who hit you is as well...that's what matters most. Cars can be fixed, but bodies can't always be. I hope you have a little time off work now to take it easy -- like Kat said, you'll be feeling it soon enough.

-MeowMix

Thanks you guys! And yea I am glad I have a few days off from work because I'm sure my boss isn't a happy camper right now haha

Glad you and your baby are ok... Sure hope everybody gets better with no complications
    Scott / moncha.com

Glad to hear no one was seriously injured. Sounds like her car nose dived under hard breaking and went under the beemer.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

You're probably right triathlete