Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help find the front windsheild ASAP

need help find the front windsheild ASAP

Hi I need help to find the front windshield (in junk yard or new one) around in NYC or Tri-State. Also I need the price and the part # or any one knows the car-dear had this part available or any Isuzu model can replace in. Thank You

You can get it replaced at SafeLite or any other auto glass installer. You might have to wait a day at most.

Thank You

I just had mine replaced by Safelite a few weeks ago. It cost me around 230.00 as it was not an insureance claim.

they just quote me 295.95 .no Insurance Claim

Ask whether that's the price with or without the blue tint at the top. I believe it's more without it.

Also helps that Buffy is likely in a lower cost of living area.

yea in my are safelite quoted me around 320 w/ the tinted stripe (no option for without it)... all depends where you live.. when I had my roof re-done, they had to pull the windshield and said if it broke in the process, it would be 250 to replace it (and no additional charge since they had to remove/reinstall it to paint the roof anyway

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

They just send email to confirm : the service date March 22
    Price : 295.95*(includes labor,before tax and 9.95 disposal fee)
    or if windshelid need molding and accessories ??? additional cost 20.95

Make sure that the shop that puts the new windshild in doesn't use any metal tools during the install. Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools. The tools end up scraping the paint and zinc coating off of the metal then water gets in and starts the nasty rust process.

When I had my windshield replaced I made sure that the shop I went to used plastic and/or vinyl tools.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Make sure that the shop that puts the new windshild in doesn't use any metal tools during the install. Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools. The tools end up scraping the paint and zinc coating off of the metal then water gets in and starts the nasty rust process.

When I had my windshield replaced I made sure that the shop I went to used plastic and/or vinyl tools.
    very good point, i spent $900+ getting rust caused by a poor windshield install fixed

Now that

is some good information to know. I would never have even considered that if I was having a windshield put in

Thank You
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Others here on the board have had issues with rust and water leakage after the shop installing the windshield used metal tools
    Although I have not had the windshield replaced in the VX I have in other cars and subsequently experienced water leakage

I always get rock chips fixed quick so I do not have to replace the windshield

Another good reason to get glass fixed quick is that insurers will often completely waive your glass deductible if you bring it in before the impact point spreads beyond the size of a $.50 piece.

Or if you don't have windshield coverage & you get a rock chip, most auto parts stores sell a repair kit for about $10. The kits are VERY easy to use.

Basically it's just an ultra clear, UV cured epoxy with special tool to pull a vacuum & allow the epoxy to flow down into the crack.

It only takes about 30 minutes to complete (& most of that time is just sitting around waiting on the epoxy to flow or cure so you can be doing other stuff).

I've got 4 repaired chips in the windshield of my Eclipse. I did 3 of the repairs & had one professionally done for about $50. All 4 have held up for 3+ years. IMHO, the repairs I did look as good or better compared to the professional job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.