Thread: Wiring harness for VX

Wiring harness for VX

Anybody know what this wiring harness would go to? Footprint looks like it might fit the '97 Rodeo OEM fog button? Or could be our stock stereo?

http://cgi.ebay.com/96-Up-ACURA-SLX-...#ht_1182wt_883

http://www.carxtc.com/catalog/IWH-976CARX.jpg
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

It's the wiring harness for our head unit, to change out to an aftermarket unit...should match with Metra part#70-7712

Thanks MM! .....just realized I don't know your name. Guess I could call you "eminem" ... nah, that definitely wouldn't work!

Darn, was hoping this harness was for the Rodeo fog lights, that would be just too easy. Oh well, I did finally find one for the fogs, but would grab this one too if it would've fit.

Oh did you buy one of those Rodeo fog light switches off eBay? Good call...I almost nabbed one myself, though that's WAY far in the future for me, lol. And people actually call me Kat in person, though my real name is Kristy; I haven't used my real name with anyone but family in years.

...don't call me Kristy though. I don't like it. Just call me Meow, I'm cool with that. MeowMix was my nickname in the bay, back in the days when I was a 12V installer

Oh be still.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    Oh did you buy one of those Rodeo fog light switches off eBay? Good call...I almost nabbed one myself, though that's WAY far in the future for me, lol. And people actually call me Kat in person, though my real name is Kristy; I haven't used my real name with anyone but family in years.

...don't call me Kristy though. I don't like it. Just call me Meow, I'm cool with that. MeowMix was my nickname in the bay, back in the days when I was a 12V installer

Kool, hi Kat / Meow!
    hehe, better be careful talking about being a 12V installer in front of Grif! sounds like you two speak can speak the same language !

Yes, I did grab one of the brand new Rodeo fog switches. Don't recall seeing "new" ones come up on ebay, nor used ones much. They were cheap enough that I'd grab one now if I were you.

~from one Kat to another Kat!

p.s....check out my license plate....guess we're meant to be buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Oh be still.... lol
    Lol...don't get too excited. I haven't installed anything truly challenging in a great number of years, so I have nothing cool to talk about in 12V language, lol. I'm worthless anyway -- an installer is nothing without her tools, and someone got into my garage and stole my drill, a slew of my various hand tools, and my baby bluepoint autoranging multimeter (and my two kicker 15" L7 solobaric squares). First I was like and then I was all

...I'll never be able to install a remote start again without my meter.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Yes, I did grab one of the brand new Rodeo fog switches. Don't recall seeing "new" ones come up on ebay, nor used ones much. They were cheap enough that I'd grab one now if I were you.

~from one Kat to another Kat!

p.s....check out my license plate....guess we're meant to be buddies!
    ...Best. Plate. EVAR. Lol, we're definitely cut from the same cloth.

Good call. Are those fog switches still for sale? I'm going to have to dig that thread with the link up and check into it. Perhaps I should grab one afterall, even if it sits in a drawer in my toolbox for a couple years, lol. Thanks for the tip Sue!