Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My "other" Isuzu, well, Honda lol

My "other" Isuzu, well, Honda lol

So figured I'd post up my most recent project. Yes I still have the Sierra I missed having an offroad toy to play with so started looking for another Zu'. I came across a 1995 Honda passport (Isuzu Rodeo) just north of me, and for the right price I picked her up and brought her home:

She's got 130K miles, power windows, locks, mirrors, sunroof, heated mirrors, etc. AC doesn't work and needed a transmission but it ran great! I didn't like the color plus the paint was real beat up so I decided to take it apart and paint it a satin tan color:

I went ahead and ordered some Calmini 2" lift shackles, Calmini shocks, Rough Country add-a-leaf, Superwinch hubs, and a few other goodies to get her going:

Picked up a set of 5 34x10.50 Super Swamper LTB's mounted on some Montero rims from my friend Dustin's VX:

After getting it all together I drove it over a few streets and played with it a bit:

Last edited by RamAirZ : 04/14/2011 at 03:28 PM
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Still needs a transmission so I picked up the auto from my buddies 99' Amigo. He came up during spring break and I helped him swap over to a manual trans so he helped me out with my auto needs:

Started pulling the trans yesterday and gonna start dropping the front diff too. Gonna make some drop brackets, install new upper/lower ball joints, CV's, weld the front diff, and some new control arm bushings. Hit up the junkyard and found a stock tire carrier (mine was gone) and got it all mounted:

I took the hitch off today and I'm working on recessing the receiver into my current bumper:

My friend Brandon also sent me his 4wd shifter so I can extend it for him since he has a body lift:

Gonna weld it up in a little bit then make it all purty. He has a Rodeo with an IFS drop lift on 38's!

This will be my second welding job for his truck, I modified his ARB bumper to fit with the body lift

Neat-O!

Good gawd man.....
    1) Is there any part of a truck you can't make/fix/remove/build/invent/tweak/lift/mod/create/paint/weld/install/uninstall/and fix again and again???

2) Where do you find the time....and the money!?

....sheeshh, you'er amazing!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Ram, you need to move to Tucson!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Well done job !

Love it
    Dakar was just the begining.

is it just me...or did the color change again since you've had it?....or was that primer before it became black?....

That's his friends rig Junky.

Nice work Ram, although I must say that if women were your hobby instead of trucks I would be buying stock in Trojan and/or Valtrex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    Neat-O!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Good gawd man.....
    1) Is there any part of a truck you can't make/fix/remove/build/invent/tweak/lift/mod/create/paint/weld/install/uninstall/and fix again and again???

2) Where do you find the time....and the money!?

....sheeshh, you'er amazing!
    Awww thanks Kat!! Well I like to pride myself in the fact that if I haven't done something before I'm always down to learn and try it. It also helps that I love doing this type of stuff lol. As far as time, I am Mr. Mom during the day so during naps and what not I have free time, when I get home from work I get bored and work on stuff too. Money wise, I sell alot of car parts and buy/flip stuff on craigslist to fund alot of my builds. I have about $1500 total into this truck, maybe a tad less.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Ram, you need to move to Tucson!
    I'd LOVE to move back west actually You just want my company huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gussie2000 View Post
    Well done job !

Love it
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by VXjunky View Post
    is it just me...or did the color change again since you've had it?....or was that primer before it became black?....
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    That's his friends rig Junky.

Nice work Ram, although I must say that if women were your hobby instead of trucks I would be buying stock in Trojan and/or Valtrex.

Yes VXJunky, that's my friends rig. And Mav, I don't need to have women as a hobby, I just have a woman as another hobby

She puts up with all my car crap

At long last the real pics we've all been waiting for finally materialize...

Nothing better than a supportive wife.

Finished welding the shifter, gonna do a little work on it to make it look prettier lol, didn't have access to the shop's miller tonigth so used a 110 flux core welder, you can make it work but damn it's hard to get pretty welds:

Ha ya she's great. Here's a few more pics of said wifey

The family:

oh and I have some GOOD pics of her, but probably not forum appropriate haha

Finished the shifter

Needed to figure out a way to mount my plate since the stock bumper is gone and the tire carrier covers where the PO put the plate. I found a neat trailer plate holder with a built in light and modified it for my tailgate. I would have liked it a little lower but then it would hit the bumper when folded down. I drilled out the bottom of it to make room for the hatch release button and sanded the edges to fit the contour of the gate:

Nice work!