Thread: p0306- Cylinder 6 misfire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

p0306- Cylinder 6 misfire

VX is in the shop. Was running perfectly, great in fact. Then I pressure washed the engine bay. Even then it ran great for an hour or so last night.

This AM, started ok, not probs till two blocks later and lost a boatload of power and engine shaking like hell. CEL light on and or blinking all the way. It limped me to work (about 15 miles) and then I pulled the codes. All p0306 indicating misfire on cyl 6. Sure felt like it was running on 3 cyls tho.

About 30 mins later I drove it a block down the road to a shop I sometimes go to, seemed to be a bit better, but really needed it looked at. Of course the shop was busy and was operating at 50% staffing (since when has Talladega become a friggin national holiday?) So I havent heard back yet.

Pretty sure its just a short on a coilpack(s). Or I hope.

Not asking for diagnoses just good thoughts and prayers. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    VX is in the shop. Was running perfectly, great in fact. Then I pressure washed the engine bay. Even then it ran great for an hour or so last night.

This AM, started ok, not probs till two blocks later and lost a boatload of power and engine shaking like hell. CEL light on and or blinking all the way. It limped me to work (about 15 miles) and then I pulled the codes. All p0306 indicating misfire on cyl 6. Sure felt like it was running on 3 cyls tho.

About 30 mins later I drove it a block down the road to a shop I sometimes go to, seemed to be a bit better, but really needed it looked at. Of course the shop was busy and was operating at 50% staffing (since when has Talladega become a friggin national holiday?) So I havent heard back yet.

Pretty sure its just a short on a coilpack(s). Or I hope.

Not asking for diagnoses just good thoughts and prayers. hehe
    may be just water gets way through rubber boot? pull coil pack out - clean&dry may do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitrikr View Post
    may be just water gets way through rubber boot? pull coil pack out - clean&dry may do the trick
    Yes, i know, thats what I'm hoping but right now its not in my hands. I don't have the time or place during the week to work on it myself.

Meanwhile I peruse the shop manual, and read similar threads here on the .info site and they sometimes go places that I dare not think of. Guess its just worrying for now, since thats all I can do.

[hold tight and let Force be with you!

What's the verdict Grif? Did they fix the problem & was it simple?

First guess is that you stuck that high pressure hose of yours where it shouldn't notta been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Yes T4B, obviously I need better control of my hose.

They say coil pack 6 is shot. They can see carbon traces where apparently it was arcing. They want to replace. Told them to do so, should be ready this afternoon. Hope thats the only prob and that by driving it for 10 miles like that didn't mess anything else up.

<crosses fingers>

Coil 6 replaced. Seems to be fine thank God. Scary to have her run like that.

But now I have one black coil pack as opposed to the racy red others. Oh well, I can live with that.

Also they managed to disconnect the air filter off my Weapon-R intake and leave it sitting in the engine bay. Glad I looked before I drove off. Srlsy, these guys wont be touching my VX ever again.