Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: OSB...DEAD as fried chick'n...body in US hands...SWEET!

Your overall compensation, too include 100 % full family medical coverage, an extraordinary retirement plan, tax exempt BHA and other allowances, etc are competitive to civilian jobs for people with equivalent skill sets. Your deployments result in additional pay and allowances, often tax exempt. You can receive house hunting leave, leave and proceed time, travel allowance, moving allowances, separation allowances, base housing, house finding assistance, and any number of government funded programs to help your family be, well and fare. Your gov civ comrades have just as many complaints as you. DoS FSOs just had their oversees housing COLA slashed to next to nothing, as an example, and their matched TSA doesn't come close to military retirement advantages.
    But to address your larger point, big gov programs are exactly what you have done and been supported by your entire career.
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Not sure how that relates, I perform a service for my benefits. The average person rarely spends more than 50 hours at work, certainly not away from home for months at a time at a fraction of their civilian counterpart's pay. Furthermore, my government cohorts, IRS, FBI, Federal Civilian and so on get FAR more benefits than I get. I am moving to washington state from Charleston, 3200 miles, I have to pay for my own house hunting costs, flight, hotel and whatnot and I don't have a choice in my move, they order me where to go. If I was a fed civ, they would pay my leave, my flight, reimburse my travel, even help me sell my house! They get matched TSP (our 401K) contributions and so on.

Back to the scheduled conspiracy discussion! Sheeple Unite!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    So if Bush was still in office......

...you would still be taking the same conspiracy line?

I have to say..I doubt it.

And JBTW...

Breast feeding....like the handout of $'s to American Auto Co's
    Hand holding......like the handout of $'s to Wall Street
    Money leeching...remind me, whats was the name of that company Chainey had a rather big interest in...oh yea..Haliburton.

Seems to me that plenty of " financial hand holding" goes on both ways.....

jo
    I just spent some time going through my post, I didn't see any mention of Bush in there. Thought maybe all the radioactive fallout was getting to me You make many assumptions fellow VX owner. That is why I said its not just anti-obama, although, if I were having heart surgery, I wouldn't pick the surgeon with no experience just because he was a smooth talker. I wouldn't pick the surgeon that spent the most money on his pitch. I would pick one with experience in his field.
    Stuff is out of control, we have developed this lazy,entitled society. I experience it everyday, I have to take kids out of high school and make them into top notch nuclear operators and we only have 18 months to do it. From public school level to bachelors degree in 12 months, plus 6 months OJT. They complain that we don't give em enough time for video games, their rooms aren't big enough, its not fair that they have so much homework and that we should have one on one tutors to help them. We fight this battle everyday, we fight with the W.O.W. addictions and sheer laziness.
    It seems that everyday we get closer and closer to the world portrayed in Idiocracy. Someone please tell me what to do!!! I can't make my own decisions!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    Your overall compensation, too include 100 % full family medical coverage, an extraordinary retirement plan, tax exempt BHA and other allowances, etc are competitive to civilian jobs for people with equivalent skill sets. Not as a nuke its not, not even close... Your deployments result in additional pay and allowances, often tax exempt. Um, I don't get any additional pay except the few hundred for family separation allowance, but we lose BAS (food money, which is about 300 a month, so I actually lose money. Some pay is tax exempt, but so is every person over there, even regular civilians. You can receive house hunting leave, leave and proceed time, travel allowance, moving allowances, separation allowances, base housing, house finding assistance, and any number of government funded programs to help your family be, well and fare.If I take base housing, they take away my BAH, so no benny there. THe fed civs get all those allowances and more. They also get the DLA and almost double the per diem and mileage pay, must be more expensive for a civ to travel than a service member Your gov civ comrades have just as many complaints as you. DoS FSOs just had their oversees housing COLA slashed to next to nothing,I received in COLA in guam, pretty good scam. Turns out, on base shopping is same price as stateside, so we don't have to live off of the local community, so its pretty much cash in the pocket! as an example, and their matched TSA doesn't come close to military retirement advantages. I will put in more hours on one deployment than a civ will in 4 years of a regular 40 hours a week job. I have done 3 deployments to the gulf, one to N. Korea and countless weeks just tooling around in the ocean. We also have to stand duty, kind of like a fire fighter, only we don't get days off. Every 4th day, we stay the night, plus our regular work days. Our over night is up working. That means you have a 90+ hour work week.
    But to address your larger point, big gov programs are exactly what you have done and been supported by your entire career.Kind of, but as I said, I work for my benefits, Joe Shmo sitting at home with his high speed internet collecting welfare and unemployment doesn't do anything, he even has the gall to complain about a drug test in order to receive his free money
    P
    I understand what you are saying, but do we need to spend hundreds of millions on a train from vegas to disney? There are so many crazy govmnt programs out there! We give away BILLIONS in aid to foreign countries? We are special programming ourselves into a debt that can never be paid back. It may be part of the plan, perhaps they will just wipe the slate clean

I did see an article that Obama is evaluating a new tax, because we don't have enough for the average person already. In addition to fuel tax, they are considering a mileage tax. When you pay for fuel, a GPS recorder will calculate miles driven and you will pay an additional fee at the pump based on your mileage.

So no helicopter tail even bears a remote resemblance to that tail assembly?

Doesn't seem like so much of a stretch once you add suppressors, cones, etc.

Apparently you didn't look hard enough.

Attachment 1436

I love all the conjecture and forensic crash site experts by the way. Some of you guys should be working for CSI being able to judge an entire flight scenario from a photo of a tail assembly lying beside a wall with absolutely no context or knowledge of whether it's been moved, further disassembled, etc.

Attachment 1437

Attachment 1438

Attachment 1439
    macintosh man

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    That is why I said its not just anti-obama, although, if I were having heart surgery, I wouldn't pick the surgeon with no experience just because he was a smooth talker. I wouldn't pick the surgeon that spent the most money on his pitch. I would pick one with experience in his field.
    Stuff is out of control, we have developed this lazy,entitled society. I experience it everyday, I have to take kids out of high school and make them into top notch nuclear operators and we only have 18 months to do it. From public school level to bachelors degree in 12 months, plus 6 months OJT. They complain that we don't give em enough time for video games, their rooms aren't big enough, its not fair that they have so much homework and that we should have one on one tutors to help them. We fight this battle everyday, we fight with the W.O.W. addictions and sheer laziness.
    It seems that everyday we get closer and closer to the world portrayed in Idiocracy. Someone please tell me what to do!!! I can't make my own decisions!
    Sorry Chris...but that dog won't hunt...

I have no party affiliation...they ALL make me ILL...
    If you wanna label me anything I guess it would be libertarian.

However, the point made has a flaw.

Those morons you're trying to train, came up through the educational system overseen by the last two term prez...

I did see an article that Obama is evaluating a new tax, because we don't have enough for the average person already. In addition to fuel tax, they are considering a mileage tax. When you pay for fuel, a GPS recorder will calculate miles driven and you will pay an additional fee at the pump based on your mileage.
    Obama shot this down from the get go. It was never proposed or evaluated by him. Ray LaHood brought it up in reference to a program Oregon has toyed with, and when it was asked what the President thought about it, it was immediately said that it wasn't even considered.

Look we can go round and round on this but you actually don't get what I'm saying if you can't see that a choice between totally freaking free base housing or completely tax free BHA is not a benny, and that is just one example. So from me, a guy who did a full career as well, and now spends a my work days along side many of those other mollycoddled federal employees you seem so jealous of, it just sounds like your whining, plane and simple. You made your rate.

Our foreign aid, aside from the disastrous never ending wars the last admin got us into, represents half of one percent of the federal budget, and for which we gain a great deal of access and influence over those same foriegn governments.

Our marginal tax rate is lower than it has ever been in modern history, far lower than during the Reagan administration. We have one of the lowest tax burdens of all the industrialized nations, with which we provide the lowest social safety net.

As for your mileage tax and big brother GPS conspiracy theory: Ray LaHood says a lot of really silly stuff, and the Obama administration shoved that one back down his pie hole immediatly after he wandered off the reservation in an interview. So when you say you saw an article, you mean you heard from an ill informed partisan hack that conveniently forgot to mention that it was bs.

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    So no helicopter tail even bears a remote resemblance to that tail assembly?

Doesn't seem like so much of a stretch once you add suppressors, cones, etc.

Apparently you didn't look hard enough.

Attachment 1436

I love all the conjecture and forensic crash site experts by the way. Some of you guys should be working for CSI being able to judge an entire flight scenario from a photo of a tail assembly lying beside a wall with absolutely no context or knowledge of whether it's been moved, further disassembled, etc.

Attachment 1437

Attachment 1438

Attachment 1439

LOL, good thing this is the VX site and not a FAA site, relax everybody, this is just a boredom website, nothing official (I couldn't secret service smiley with the glasses and ear piece)

Is that bottom photo from the compound or some other crash? If its from the compound, thats not the same wreckage...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Sorry Chris...but that dog won't hunt...

I have no party affiliation...they ALL make me ILL...
    If you wanna label me anything I guess it would be libertarian.

However, the point made has a flaw.

Those morons you're trying to train, came up through the educational system overseen by the last two term pres...
    Not to mention that all these kids are brought up in a society where people are allowed to let their kids do whatever the hell they want and are never held accountable. Now, that of course leads to other conversations like parent's being overworked and therefore not home enough... Not being able to support a family on single incomes anymore etc, etc. There is a ton of grey area, but to assume that all kids that come out of school are part of some mass welfare society is a little insane. Kids are failing in all regards because we don't value education in this country, period, and kids' don't get their asses kicked anymore, and they also get handed 300-500 dollar gadget at the drop of a hat.

I live in the "up and coming" part of a pretty recent yuppy invasion neighborhood downtown. I put out an email to the "community message board" last week asking if there were any young teenagers that wanted to mow my grass for 20 bucks a pop when I didn't have time. Not only did not one teenager want to do it, I got berated by parent's who actually called me an advocate of "Child labor".

I was mowing lawns to pay for my Atari and Freestyle bikes, Tools, lumber for my treehouse, etc from the time I was 9 and 10 years old. Other chores even younger. There is no work ethic being instilled by PARENT's... That has jack to do with our government.

That said, I'm not defending the excess spending as it makes me pretty sick as well, but to attack aid programs without talking about military cuts or mid term tax increases it ridiculous.

Marlin,

It's the same tail section just flipped vertically as they drag it. The thing that I think is throwing people off is that first image (I think you linked to it) is the one getting passed around the most and it has a lot of foreshortening going on in the image. Its hard to make out the shape because it's pointing right at you, as if you were looking straight down on the tail rotor head.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    Not to mention that all these kids are brought up in a society where people are allowed to let their kids do whatever the hell they want and are never held accountable. Now, that of course leads to other conversations like parent's being overworked and therefore not home enough... Not being able to support a family on single incomes anymore etc, etc. There is a ton of grey area, but to assume that all kids that come out of school are part of some mass welfare society is a little insane. Kids are failing in all regards because we don't value education in this country, period, and kids' don't get their asses kicked anymore, and they also get handed 300-500 dollar gadget at the drop of a hat.

I live in the "up and coming" part of a pretty recent yuppy invasion neighborhood downtown. I put out an email to the "community message board" last week asking if there were any young teenagers that wanted to mow my grass for 20 bucks a pop when I didn't have time. Not only did not one teenager want to do it, I got berated by parent's who actually called me an advocate of "Child labor".

I was mowing lawns to pay for my Atari and Freestyle bikes, Tools, lumber for my treehouse, etc from the time I was 9 and 10 years old. Other chores even younger. There is no work ethic being instilled by PARENT's...
    That has jack to do with our government.

That said, I'm not defending the excess spending as it makes me pretty sick as well, but to attack aid programs without talking about military cuts or mid term tax increases it ridiculous.
    Once again, you speak the same thoughts, just with FAR more eloquence than I'll ever be able to muster...

I salute You Sir...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Once again, you speak the same thoughts, just with FAR more eloquence than I'll ever be able to muster...

I salute You Sir...

Damn love fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Osteomata View Post
    Damn love fest.

Tag Team back again check it top
    Wreck it - let's begin
    Party people let me hear some noise
    DC's in the house jump jump and rejoice
    There's a party over here
    a party over there
    Wave your hands in the air
    Shake the deriere