Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OSB...DEAD as fried chick'n...body in US hands...SWEET!

I can almost hear him saying "hiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" when he kicks the door. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    I can almost hear him saying "hiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" when he kicks the door. hahaha
    Only if the teleprompter tells him to

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wink

As much as I'd love to celebrate this:

Two reasons they finally shot Osama Bin Laden:

1)To get everybody to forget about looking @ Obama's recently released, fake Birth Certificate and raise his approval rating before re-election.
    2)They got a new fall-guy to blame now for any new attacks......Libya's Muammar Gaddaffi.

Plus, They pre-empted Donald Trump's Show "The Apprentice" for the Breaking News Story of Osama Bin Laden's death....coincidence....I think NOT!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Sorry in advance Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    OMG...

..I guess YOU have experience putting operatives in harms way.
    And making a call that potentially costs HUMAN lives.
    (and if you do...you should know the angst, and not make light of it)

You make that Call marlin...you take the blame.
    (And if you have..nuff said, it aint easy.)

Obama STEPPED UP, , and he made the CALL....REQUIRING PROOF.

AND..he got it ALL.

Politics be gone...a great service to the WORLD was undertaken with heroism and potential political suicide.

It worked.

jo
    Gag me. I can't imagine the pressure-packed hours that must have been spent debating over whether to put people in harms way to kill OBL - oh wait, that's right, that's the same decision that Obama ALREADY made when he sent even more troops (magnitudes larger than one Seal team) into Afghanistan. The same decision that Bush made to invade Afghanistan almost a decade ago. I would suggest that it would have taken far more courage for him NOT to order the attack - talk about the political suicide that would have ensued if he (to quote a popular Republican barb) wussed out like a typical liberal. Deciding to carpet bomb the entire town to get one guy - that would have been a difficult decision. Sending a small, heavily armed and highly trained team into a single building to shoot up a few bad guys? News flash, we do that every single day over there WITHOUT the President's direct involvement, and somehow missions still succeed.

Obama did nothing exceptional in this situation - he made the obvious choice that almost anyone else would have made based upon the well-assembled, actionable intelligence put in front of him. The adulation should be focused on the military and intelligence community, both the specific group that supported this operation, as well as the larger body that supports and executes these lethal missions every single day. Attributing (to whatever degree) the success of a single tactical operation to the President of the United States is a bit like saying that you or I killed OBL by paying the taxes that funded the training and bullets. It's technically true but mostly self-deluding.

Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    X2

Nor should we whoop and holler like a bunch a fanatical redneck yahoos. A human being died a violent death. As an independently thinking person raised with Christian values, I think we should be praying for the day that measures such as this should never be needed again, rather than reveling in it.

Truly, the spectacle of the ravenous crowd of hate fans @ the White House gates was disturbing to me. Its no less banal than the idiot Islamists we see doing the EXACT same thing and think to ourselves that "those people are so backward".

Hate begets hate.

Revenge may be sweet, but killing one figurehead of one terrorist organization does not stop the hate.
    x2...unfortunately, this sort of behavior is inherent in our nature as human beings. Our first thought does not turn to compassion and lamentations, but to the pleasure elicited by fulfilled revenge. Definitely not saying I wanted that guy alive myself...though I just wish all the senseless misery and death could stop altogether. It's just a shame that corruption, greed, envy and hatred will always exist, and thus it will never stop...sorry if I'm starting to sound like a hippie.
    I hear you guys, but I think you choose to see what you want to see (me included). Were those angry hate-mongerers outside the White House and at Ground Zero, or were they Americans who have had nothing but discouragement since 9/11 (seemingly never-ending war in Iraq and Afghanistan, an economy and job market in the toilet, etc.) celebrating that their country had finally achieved the main objective of the "War on Terror"? We've been looking for this guy for a LONG time, and have spent trillions trying to kill him - are we not entitled to breathe a sigh of relief and show a little excitement? I'll agree that the obsession over how he died, seeing pictures, wishing his death was incredibly painful, etc. is over the top. I just don't think it's fair to characterize these groups of celebrators as somehow equivalent to Islamic Jihadists firing AK-47's into the air.

My coworkers and I have been trying to find out burial info for muslims. No where in the Quran can we find anything about the one day burial. Very convenient, why isn't there a video of the ceremony to satisfy all the muslims of the world that it was done right? If that was our primary concern, wouldn't we make a big deal out of it?

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." September 13, 2001, President George Bush

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." March 13, 2002, President George Bush

June 18, 2006: FBI says, it has "No hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11"Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - Reported by Fox News

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...9280%2C00.html

And just when you think the birth certificate thang is put to bed:

attorneys argued on Monday before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals that the requirements of the U.S. Constitution simply are too important to ignore for the sake of political expediency, even when they involve a sitting president.

FWIW, I'll swallow the pill that we really killed him, that it was really him, etc. But I have serious doubts as to whether we threw the body into the sea. At a minimum I would bet that "souvenirs" were taken - and my guess would be that the rest of him will be stored somewhere for safe keeping.

Just a hunch though.

would bet that "souvenirs" were taken .........

quote from my favorite movie "Harold and Maude"
    - And souvenirs.
    - Souvenirs?
    Of your kill.
    Eyes, ears, nose, scalp, privates.
    and perhaps one of these? (harold pulls out shrunken head)

edited cuzz ive never figured how to use spell check on my ibook
    Last edited by VXjunky : 05/03/2011 at 09:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    X2

Nor should we whoop and holler like a bunch a fanatical redneck yahoos. A human being died a violent death. As an independently thinking person raised with Christian values, I think we should be praying for the day that measures such as this should never be needed again, rather than reveling in it.

Truly, the spectacle of the ravenous crowd of hate fans @ the White House gates was disturbing to me. Its no less banal than the idiot Islamists we see doing the EXACT same thing and think to ourselves that "those people are so backward".

Hate begets hate.

Revenge may be sweet, but killing one figurehead of one terrorist organization does not stop the hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    x2...unfortunately, this sort of behavior is inherent in our nature as human beings. Our first thought does not turn to compassion and lamentations, but to the pleasure elicited by fulfilled revenge. Definitely not saying I wanted that guy alive myself...though I just wish all the senseless misery and death could stop altogether. It's just a shame that corruption, greed, envy and hatred will always exist, and thus it will never stop...sorry if I'm starting to sound like a hippie.
    X3

Perceptions being what they are, it doesn't matter if the public celebrations can be ideologically equated or not. As was said before, people see what they want to see, so how can we suppose any radicals in the opposition are going to choose to view the celebrations that were being shown in US city streets after the OBL announcement? To see the opposition celebrating our loss sure added fuel to our fire back then, and we don't even considers ourselves radicals.

I've expressed this opinion elsewhere too, and the response was "but what we were celebrating was justified". Well no one said it wasn't, but what does that have to do with stopping for a moment to think, and wisely choosing what is in our own best interests to publicly celebrate as opposed to succumbing to knee-jerk emotional responses that make "us" look just as reactionary as "them"?

Really who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    X3

Perceptions being what they are, it doesn't matter if the public celebrations can be ideologically equated or not. As was said before, people see what they want to see, so how can we suppose any radicals in the opposition are going to choose to view the celebrations that were being shown in US city streets after the OBL announcement? To see the opposition celebrating our loss sure added fuel to our fire back then, and we don't even considers ourselves radicals.

I've expressed this opinion elsewhere too, and the response was "but what we were celebrating was justified". Well no one said it wasn't, but what does that have to do with stopping for a moment to think, and wisely choosing what is in our own best interests to publicly celebrate as opposed to succumbing to knee-jerk emotional responses that make "us" look just as reactionary as "them"?
    Except for the rulers most of these people cant read, dont have TV or even indoor plumbing. They think only what they are told by radicals and nothing we do or say is going to matter anymore than what Osama Bin Camelhumper said meant to us. Its time people realized the only thing sitting in a circle singing Kumbayah does is allow these lunatics a good shot at the back of your head. The saying goes those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Meaning if you want to stop these people you need to use the sword
    "Take it up with my butt, cuz he's the only one that gives a crap"

Carter Pewterschmidt

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Except for the rulers most of these people cant read, dont have TV or even indoor plumbing. They think only what they are told by radicals and nothing we do or say is going to matter anymore than what Osama Bin Camelhumper said meant to us. Its time people realized the only thing sitting in a circle singing Kumbayah does is allow these lunatics a good shot at the back of your head. The saying goes those who live by the sword will die by the sword. Meaning if you want to stop these people you need to use the sword
    Nothing like ignoring what is being said and responding with a gross generalization to keep the discussion moving along.

seems right on point to me

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Nothing like ignoring what is being said and responding with a gross generalization to keep the discussion moving along.
    "Perceptions being what they are, it doesn't matter if the public celebrations can be ideologically equated or not. As was said before, people see what they want to see, so how can we suppose any radicals in the opposition are going to choose to view the celebrations that were being shown in US city streets after the OBL announcement? To see the opposition celebrating our loss sure added fuel to our fire back then, and we don't even considers ourselves radicals."

Pretty much addresses exactly whar the poster I quoted was saying.

A hint read then post

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Pretty much addresses exactly whar the poster I quoted was saying
    You are talking in circles again circ

Allow me to complete the circle... Seahawks fans are such whiners!

Well they haven't released ANY photos or videos yet, so I don't find that so hard to believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_funeral *ATTENTION* This wiki article was edited as early as today, so take that for what it is. The following links are dated earlier than 2011.

http://mortuarytransport.com/muslim-funeral-customs/

https://www.kfai.org/node/18704

http://www.funerals-and-flowers.com/...oms.html#islam

http://www.bmj.com/content/309/6953/521.extract

http://yojichan.multiply.com/photos/album/72

I mean, it's REALLY easy to Google "Muslim burial rituals" and see that there are plenty of source dated before yesterday (since this is all about a conspiracy to conceal that they didn't really get him, I'm sure) that talk about it needing to be done "as soon as possible" or "within a day". The Muslim's main concern is decay of the body or the disgrace of it being picked apart by predators, etc.

You and your friends have read the entire Quran in the last day? Diligent little scholars!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    My coworkers and I have been trying to find out burial info for muslims. No where in the Quran can we find anything about the one day burial. Very convenient, why isn't there a video of the ceremony to satisfy all the muslims of the world that it was done right? If that was our primary concern, wouldn't we make a big deal out of it?
    Last edited by technocoy : 05/03/2011 at 11:59 PM Reason: more info.
    macintosh man