Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: OSB...DEAD as fried chick'n...body in US hands...SWEET!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I wanna go to bed...

..but I just know I'll miss some fun!

So...I'll pour another and sit tight!

...at least till the rum evaporates!

jo

VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Evil does not know its own ways. The greatest evils of history have been greeted with some of the greatest popular adulation at the time.
    Often Evil is not recognized at its inception. Osama Bin Laden was recognized evil.

The only thing annoying me is people attributing quotes to MLK that are not his. It was made up and put in line with a real quote. He never said that.

It's cool if you feel that way, but people need to educate themselves on what they are pushing before just passing it along as fact. That's how we wound up with rednecks and hippies.

vt_maverick, I'm pretty sure you catch my drift, but if I could "like" your post I would simply for the maniacal laugh...

"your wiki page was "This page was last modified on 4 May 2011 at 00:24.""

I'm betting it was to add more info on burial at sea which appears as a whole new section edit, but either way, did the like 7 other links not drive it home for ya? I made it over the top for a reason and apparently it STILL didn't sink in for some people. I could probably continue down the list and put links in ad infinitum and it wouldn't matter, because some minds are immune to logic and fact.

*slaps own face for Ldub and Bob and runs away as quickly as possible*
    macintosh man

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    I wanna go to bed...

..but I just know I'll miss some fun!

So...I'll pour another and sit tight!

...at least till the rum evaporates!

jo

I'm drinking right from my bottle of 18yr Glenlivet, Jo. It's like Marilyn and Johansson getting it on in here!

Quote Originally Posted by technocoy View Post
    The only thing annoying me is people attributing quotes to MLK that are not his. It was made up and put in line with a real quote. He never said that.

It's cool if you feel that way, but people need to educate themselves on what they are pushing before just passing it along as fact. That's how we wound up with rednecks and hippies.

vt_maverick, I'm pretty sure you catch my drift, but if I could "like" your post I would simply for the maniacal laugh...

I'm betting it was to add more info on burial at sea which appears as a whole new section edit, but either way, did the like 7 other links not drive it home for ya? I made it over the top for a reason and apparently it STILL didn't sink in for some people. I could probably continue down the list and put links in ad infinitum and it wouldn't matter, because some minds are immune to logic and fact.

As one of the people who re-quoted the MKL Quote, what is inaccurate?

I still subscribe to the sentiment.

Who is "Bob"

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Glenlivet....

I'm drinking right from my bottle of 18yr Glenlivet, Jo. It's like Marilyn and Johansson getting it on in here!
    ...good gawd...now I have to go pour out my rum..

..strap my kilt on.....

..and crack open the Sheep Dip!

Sláinte...!

jo

Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post

Who is "Bob"
    I agree the MKL attribution is not right. I still subscribe to the sentiment.

I did some Goggling and here is one precedent

Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’

- Ezekiel 33:11

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

So are you.

Some people don't agree with you get over it.
    Um...Ok

Who is "Bob"
    Sorry, it was meant for Bob Barker... It's in reference to something that happened earlier in the thread.

The sentiment is fine. I'm totally behind people feeling that way and liking the quote, but MLK never said that. It was attributed to him sometime yesterday and has been posted all over the place since. It's a misquote from a facebook post that had another, actual MLK quote in it.

I have no problem with people feeling all pious and peaceful with this, it's admirable in some ways, but I just think the majority of those people can feel that way out of lack of being in someone else's shoes. I can tell you now, had my daughter/wife/parent/friend died in those attacks and I had the chance I'd have gutted the SOB slowly and painted my face with his blood before hunting down the other pieces of s&*# and breaking all their bones one by one. People telling people who have lost someone to this maniac or have lived under the oppression of his terror for the last decade that they are somehow bad or in the wrong are just as naive and silly as those college kids out on the White House lawn last night.

This guy dying is akin to the breakup of the USSR or the Berlin Wall for some people. He wanted to be a symbol, bigger than a human being, well, he got it. He became an archetype of fear and oppression and to rejoice in something like that being gone is A-OK in my book. They aren't seeing him as a human being at all. And he wasn't.

To put it in perspective (not sure how old you are) but I remember being terrified of nuclear war my entire childhood. It occupied my mind to an unhealthy extent because of all the fear that was generated by the Cold War and the arms race. When the USSR fell I remember just losing it and feeling a huge burden lift. It's not even like the threat was completely gone, but just the fact that this icon of fear was no more was a huge relief and cause for celebration all around the world. Bin Laden was no more human after these 10 years than the band of countries united together as the USSR.

When I was younger I was witness the the discovery of the body of a young, beautiful special education teacher who had been raped repeatedly, had her arms, breasts and legs chopped off and the words "retard lover" carved into her back. When they found the guy he was a popped collar douche who had apparently been drunk the night before and was turned down for a date by the woman. If you can tell me that person deserved anything but eternal pain and damnation you are a better person than me in that respect. There ARE some things in this life that are unforgivable.

You are afforded civil/human rights and when you live with civility and live like a human. You can stretch that a long way, but there is a line you cross. several thousand American dead and many, many more in other countries warrants some relief and jubilation at his demise.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    Glenlivet....

...good gawd...now I have to go pour out my rum..

..strap my kilt on.....

..and crack open the Sheep Dip!

Sláinte...!

jo
    AAAAAWWWWW YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

If only that little banana had a kilt.

A quote from Clarence Darorow

All men have an emotion to kill; when they strongly dislike some one they involuntarily wish he was dead. I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.
    Darrow is mostly now famous as the proto protagonist of "Inherit the Wind". He was more or less the lead attorney in the Scopes Monkey trial.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Sorry, it was meant for Bob Barker... It's in reference to something that happened earlier in the thread.

The sentiment is fine. I'm totally behind people feeling that way and liking the quote, but MLK never said that. It was attributed to him sometime yesterday and has been posted all over the place since. It's a misquote from a facebook post that had another, actual MLK quote in it.

I have no problem with people feeling all pious and peaceful with this, it's admirable in some ways, but I just think the majority of those people can feel that way out of lack of being in someone else's shoes. I can tell you now, had my daughter/wife/parent/friend died in those attacks and I had the chance I'd have gutted the SOB slowly and painted my face with his blood before hunting down the other pieces of s&*# and breaking all their bones one by one. People telling people who have lost someone to this maniac or have lived under the oppression of his terror for the last decade that they are somehow bad or in the wrong are just as naive and silly as those college kids out on the White House lawn last night.

This guy dying is akin to the breakup of the USSR or the Berlin Wall for some people. He wanted to be a symbol, bigger than a human being, well, he got it. He became an archetype of fear and oppression and to rejoice in something like that being gone is A-OK in my book. They aren't seeing him as a human being at all. And he wasn't.

To put it in perspective (not sure how old you are) but I remember being terrified of nuclear war my entire childhood. It occupied my mind to an unhealthy extent because of all the fear that was generated by the Cold War and the arms race. When the USSR fell I remember just losing it and feeling a huge burden lift. It's not even like the threat was completely gone, but just the fact that this icon of fear was no more was a huge relief and cause for celebration all around the world. Bin Laden was no more human after these 10 years than the band of countries united together as the USSR.

When I was younger I was witness the the discovery of the body of a young, beautiful special education teacher who had been raped repeatedly, had her arms, breasts and legs chopped off and the words "retard lover" carved into her back. When they found the guy he was a popped collar douche who had apparently been drunk the night before and was turned down for a date by the woman. If you can tell me that person deserved anything but eternal pain and damnation you are a better person than me in that respect. There ARE some things in this life that are unforgivable.

You are afforded civil/human rights and when you live with civility and live like a human. You can stretch that a long way, but there is a line you cross. several thousand American dead and many, many more in other countries warrants some relief and jubilation at his demise.
    That may be the most intelligent post ever on VXinfo...

I never gave my own opinion on the matter just posted a fact about the page. Wiki is unreliable at times and especially after seeing such a recent edit. Logically assuming, you could have had a potential greater impact if that link was omitted and you kept the other six. Did that sink in?

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    I never gave my own opinion on the matter just posted a fact about the page. Wiki is unreliable at times and especially after seeing such a recent edit. Logically assuming, you could have had a potential greater impact if that link was omitted and you kept the other six. Did that sink in?
    It sank in that either way the Wiki post is correct? Not sure of your sway. It's correct as are the ones following it as was my religious studies professor in college as were my anthropology books. It's customary to bury the body as soon as possible, preferably within a day, even better if before sunset.

Not sure what part of this we're still arguing about. I believe I made my point, backed up with references, whereas we're still going on about a trivial bit of it.

On the topic of bigger more widely known subject matter, wiki is generally very reliable. It's when you get into more obscure things such as biographical posts, allegorical bits and historical references that it can sometimes be inconsistent.

Tell you what, I can delete the wiki post and add four more if that'll make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    That may be the most intelligent post ever on VXinfo...
    Not sure about all that Dub, but thanks for the compliment!

I just think that it's always easiest to judge from a distance. It's so easy to lose a temper or say/do something hurtful, but the marker that you are human or civil is when later, whether you make it public or not, you feel remorse or humiliation about it.

This man continued to plot death and destruction and never had an inkling of remorse or regret about it. His followers and himself often openly mocked the memory of those people they killed over the course of 10 years. He deserves not better lot in life than to die with the most pain and suffering of the worst among us.