Thread: OSB...DEAD as fried chick'n...body in US hands...SWEET!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    I never said that people weren't happy/gratified. I said there was no celebration.

One of the things that sets the Victory in WII apart is that at the end of most wars the soldiers find out their government lied about how. bad the enemy was. At the end of WW II the soldiers found out the government's story was not bad enough.
    For the most part this is true. The thing is that the war and Hitler's death were kinda both happening (as far as media could report it) kinda at the same time. Within days of Hitler's death (which wasn't confirmed immediately) the bulk of the war in Europe was quickly ending to many celebrations. You can find many new articles proclaiming Germany's failure and the death of Hitler in the same piece. The biggest holdout was of course the tenacious Japan, who surrendered quickly after Big Boy and Fat Man fell on Nagasaki and Hiroshima later that year. I believe August.

Hitler was dead on the last of April I believe and the end of major warfare in Europe was declared on May 8th. So, really kinda one in the same.

I only wish the same would be true this time around. I'd love to see all our people home... We could employ them all to guard the border. I mean, we could make a human fence of soldiers, set up hotdog and lemonade stands and let our boys relax for a change. J/K, kinda....
    macintosh man

Later Dub. It was fun ;-)