Look we can go round and round on this but you actually don't get what I'm saying if you can't see that a choice between totally freaking free base housing or completely tax free BHA is not a benny, and that is just one example. So from me, a guy who did a full career as well, and now spends a my work days along side many of those other mollycoddled federal employees you seem so jealous of, it just sounds like your whining, plane and simple. You made your rate.

Our foreign aid, aside from the disastrous never ending wars the last admin got us into, represents half of one percent of the federal budget, and for which we gain a great deal of access and influence over those same foriegn governments.

Our marginal tax rate is lower than it has ever been in modern history, far lower than during the Reagan administration. We have one of the lowest tax burdens of all the industrialized nations, with which we provide the lowest social safety net.

As for your mileage tax and big brother GPS conspiracy theory: Ray LaHood says a lot of really silly stuff, and the Obama administration shoved that one back down his pie hole immediatly after he wandered off the reservation in an interview. So when you say you saw an article, you mean you heard from an ill informed partisan hack that conveniently forgot to mention that it was bs.