Thread: Database of Junkyards with VX, Rodeo

Database of Junkyards with VX, Rodeo

I'd mentioned before I put together a spreadsheet of many junkyards that have a VX and another that had a '95, '96 or '97 Rodeo.
    We'll here's the result of my insanity: Enjoy!
    These are .pdf files, cuz I couldn't figure out how to attach an Excel (.xls) file.
    I included the 800 number, state, year, and sometimes the color.
    Should help those looking for parts.

JUNKYARDS -VX.pdf
    This is about 60 salvage yards around the country that "mypartshop.com" showed had a VX in their yard. A few said they didn't have one or they'd scraped it, it's noted in the "Other Info". This isn't a completely comprehensive list, since I searched using really general parts (like "dash panel") just to trigger which yards had a VX. I used only parts UNIQUE to a VX, no Trooper/Rodeo/Amigo, etc...

*** I can assure you, none of these yards have a roof rack ***

JUNKYARDS -WITH 95/96/97 RODEO.pdf
    This is about 65 salvage yards around the country with a '95, '96 or '97 Rodeo (R)or Passport (P)
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Nice work Sue.

Email me yer .xls files and I'll post 'em up for sharing if you like.

Wow...nice work Sue! And thanks for sharing!! It's just too bad a roof rack is what I'm looking for, lol.

This link should work for download of both of Sues .xls files.

http://ge.tt/55y0jK4?c

Heavy sigh... I guess it's time to start calling these yards to see if they have any Foxfires for my list.

sue, you talked to Kress auto wreckers in PA? I was at the lot last month and they didnt have a VX... you know if its a new edition or something? If so im there!

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    sue, you talked to Kress auto wreckers in PA? I was at the lot last month and they didnt have a VX... you know if its a new edition or something? If so im there!
    Yeah I did, but I did these calls back in Feb or March....maybe they got rid of it since then? Or maybe my "x" isn't accurate...often they'd tell me no RR but some also told me no VX. So I can't be sure which it is for Kress.

k maybe ill give them a call and check.. btw Kress is where your tailgate pigtail came from

I got my Rear diff from east street auto on your list he still has a couple of parts for the vx if i remember correctly he has a few 18 inch stock rims

I was at pipersville a few months back. They had a driver and passengers door out back in a old concstruction trailer, proton in color.

www.car-part.com is usually where I begin my hunt.. nationwide database that will tell you if they have the part you're looking for.. I can't find a front bumper anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mborodi View Post
    www.car-part.com is usually where I begin my hunt.. nationwide database that will tell you if they have the part you're looking for.. I can't find a front bumper anywhere.
    I use mypartsop.com, very very similar to car-part.com
    This search shows 4.
    I dealt with County Line last year, they ship large stuff, were good to deal with.

http://www.mypartshop.com/EOL_PublicSearchResults.aspx

I hope this helps

Originally Posted by Positiveone

Hello all; After suffering some rear door damage to my 99 V-cross I came to find this site and was given hope that I could find the parts I needed to get my ride back on the road. Now it's my turn to give back. I found a V-cross in California that still has a lot of good parts left including a complet engine and transmission with about 65K on it. The other cool thing is that the J-yard manager will ship parts.

Tri County Auto Dismantlers (805) 647-8440 I found my spoiler at this location.

I would have never of found this J-yard if I had not inlisted the help of an on line site that searches their data base of J-yards all accross the nation for the parts I needed. I was looking for the entire rear door with skirting and glass. The wierd thing was having to commit to buy up front, but they would not charge my card until they had sent me a photo and I was happy with the one they found. I actually rejected the first three they had found me. (they E-mail you photos) But then they found me just what I was looking for. 1300.00 for a pristine rear door, plastic skirt and glass including hinges. Bolt on ready!!! The $1300 also including shipping to my office.

Quality auto parts .com 1-866-293-3731

It took a leap of faith by commiting to buy, but in the end I was very happy with the end result. While the price may seem high, I put a high value on my free time. So rather then spending hours calling J-yards and making shipping arrangements, I was able to look at pictures sent to my E-mail address and say yah or nah.

I hope this helps.