Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some test drives...

Well, I promised not to tell anyone cause they were pissed at me and also made me promis I will bring another customer. But I cant keep it from VX brothers. It was showcase Isuzu in Bourne on the cape.
    Ironman

You've posted about selling it a few times. Here's a post from 7-6:

I am in Bosotn. Owner of a limited edition '99 Vehicross Ironman Edition. It is in exceptional condition and has only 16,000 miles on it. Had been barely driven and never taken off-road.. Used only on weekends to pick up the ladies. It has never let me down. They just cant keep their eyes off. It's pictures can be seen in the member galary on pages 13-14 with my nick "valenki" on it. If you will require I can send more pics. My e-mail is valenki@aol.com .....As far as price, I want 16,000 $ for it. FIRM. Book value is 18,000 . I am willing to go down to TN if you send me a 500 deposit. My brother lives in Charlestown SC , so it will be worth the trip. Thanks, Val

Don't you want it? Looking for profit? Keeping it now? Hope so!

Jonathan

Offered you a job, beer, and smokes... Hmmm...

Originally posted by valenki
    Got my 99 VX with 14k miles on it this February for 14,500. Traded in a 2001 Suzuki GrandV V6 with 21K miles for 10,700 and paid the difference in cash.

but that was after 2 days battling with the dealer. When I just came they were giving me 6 for suzuki and wanted a 18,900 for the VX. BIG Difference, dont you think?

By the time I was done with the Dealership the manager was running to the owner of the dealership and back with a red face and running outside with me to smoke cigerettes. They even offered me a job and told me I really knew my sh*t. The newbie dealer that just started working there was inviting me for beers and wanted me to share my skills.

I knew I had a good deal going and it was fate. Now I am even more convinced. VX is like nothing else. I dont mind the braging about the depreciation values and so on. The amount of girls I have picked up in my truck had already paid for the entire value of it.

And I will love it even more when the snow sets in and my neighbour will be stuck again in the driveway with his Wrangler!

So dont you even think about selling that truck or you will regret it!
    Was this a CarMax Dealership?, because they tried to hire me on the spot. Peculiar tactic to say the least.
    NAVIGATOR

Was this a CarMax Dealership?, because they tried to hire me on the spot. Peculiar tactic to say the least.
    Happened to a friend of mine a few years back who also spent hours negotiating with the dealer. He thought he had really cut the price to the bone and had a great deal. Until a couple of weeks later he found out that there was a factory to dealer incentive that he had not know about, so he had really left about $1K still on the table. After that, he decided that the offering a job bit was just a tactic to make the customer think that he really was getting the best possible deal, when it was just another way for the salesman to manipulate the customer into feeling good about the purchase and to guilting them into not making a big fuss if anything else comes up later on.

So just called Isuzu back and the buy-out is $12K not too bad, I think... Gonna have too keep her for now.

Tone is the deal still going on for the supercharger?

Can anyone who has the supercharger let me know what you think about it? Is it faster, worth the cash? etc...

Thanks guys for your input.

-Dave

I did kinda think about sellig the truck when I lost my job in June. I would only sell it out of necessity, but now the things are working out and I will definately keet the big rig. It's worth it.

Originally posted by Cyrk
    Can anyone who has the supercharger let me know what you think about it? Is it faster, worth the cash? etc...
    It makes a HUGE difference on the way it feels when driving it, 0-60 seems to be where the real improvement is. However my 1/4 mile track times did not seem to be up to par with the way it felt. Only a 16.0. But it feels faster! My brother says it made it fast enough to scare him now. A mechanic buddy after riding in it after the install said "Man, I need to get a SC in my Burban this is awesome!"
    As for "Is it worth it?" well I think it makes the VX feel more like a $50,000 car for $3,000 so yes! Make sure you can find 91+ octane where you drive though, up here I HAVE to find a Chevron for 92 octane, everywhere elses premium is 90.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

So Alaska you were running 16.6 - 1/4 before and then with the supercharger 16.0?... not much faster for 3k?

You have taller mud tires right? IS there some below sea level measurement to get corrected times for us down here? Or is the air better where you are I forget?

Thanks... I wish some one near me had the S/C on so I could feel how it rides.

-Dave

That was the time when I had the stock tires on. I only did 3 runs before it was rained out and they were all 16.0, if I got a few more runs I'm sure I could pull a 15.8

I don't really know how the elevation changes the air, but we have good air quality here. I think below sea level air is more dense, so that would be better but I don't know for sure

The thing is that once it hits 4th there is not much acceleration. I was hitting 81mph at the 1/4 before the supercharger and with it I hit 86-87mph I think. So if you think about it the .6 differance is mostly in the 0-60 if that makes sense.

It also passes on the highway a lot faster then before. When it downshifts to third you get some more balls for sure!

I'm no track expert, never even been on one, but I do know that forced induction engines are suppossed to be significantly less affected by differences in air pressure because they are air compressors themselves. I don't know if air pressure has other effects on track times besides the direct effect on normally aspirated engine power though.

Forced air should compensate for low air density and elevation. Of course it shouldn't make much difference to not have a supercharger below 5000 feet or so. Once you get up a bit in elevation (say above 6500 feet), you can really feel the difference.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

BUY?

I'm looking to buy a VX. but got to have the red interior.
    where do you live?
    Im here in WA state.

aj
    Knowledge is power!