Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Custom created Proton

One color looked an awful lot like the Foose one.

I understand that in Japan cars are generally ordered and then built, so I guess they wouldn't have the problem with special colors. At least one made it to the US with a special order color.

THANKS GUYS. for all your suggestions. I have been looking for a Proton one so long I just kind of got focused in on it. One of the guys has already bought the paint, so proton it is. You have to keep in mind cost; that bronze color is a tricolor application. Cost of paint Proton $300 bronze $1600. Whice would you do? I like the red idea and the next one we get to paint red it is! I am going to have to drive it around for a while to make sure the paint doesn't fall off or something. Someone has to do it.

flat or satin black, or a black pearl

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Barker View Post
    Any chance you could find a sunset orange metallic by GM, applied to corvettes, firebirds, camaro's...

And how about dark shadow gray by Ford, applied to trucks and mustangs

and how about a satin black, maybe another that covers the cladding as well!

and something that looks like Rhino liner!
    Metallic is difficult to produce from a flat paint like proton...if I could get a donor photo of a foxfire in high daylight, I could shop a Sunset/Brazen orange, as well as any other metallic much easier and faster...though I don't use random people's photos without permission. Copyrights y'know, lol.

I'll work on some of these concepts tomorrow evening, after my two miserable back-to-back finals first thing tomorrow morning...sucks, but at least spring term will finally be over. Pray for me! Gonna need all the help I can get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAMAS View Post
    Try out an army/forest green.
    ...do you have an example photo you can show me, or a manufacturer paint name/code in mind? Trying to figure how a "forest green" is different from dragon green.

Quote Originally Posted by eblank View Post
    Thanks! ^^

Though I can't take credit for it, it was painted when I bought it. It does match the seats perfectly IMHO, that picture has bad light though. I've got a couple others in my gallery. Not sure what the paint is, but I've noticed ford escapes with the same/very similar color, might even be a little brighter. I really like the green at the bottom of the brochure posted above, plus if you match the seats I think green seats would be really cool.
    Love this color too! Orange rocks!!!

I'll work on some of these concepts tomorrow evening, after my two miserable back-to-back finals first thing tomorrow morning...sucks, but at least spring term will finally be over. Pray for me! Gonna need all the help I can get!!!
    Good luck! Just finished my 5 finals (last 3 in 24 hrs... was supposed to be 4 but I moved one) Junior Year Mechanical Engineering has sucked the life out of me. the past 2 weeks I slept a total of 13 hrs from sunday to thursday each week... Now its time for senior walk It will all be over soon!

Good luck! Just finished my 5 finals (last 3 in 24 hrs... was supposed to be 4 but I moved one) Junior Year Mechanical Engineering has sucked the life out of me. the past 2 weeks I slept a total of 13 hrs from sunday to thursday each week... Now its time for senior walk It will all be over soon!

Believe it or not that was the color i was gonna paint my astral with.

I think the color is original from nissan/infinity,to be exact from the FX 35.

The color is called autum cooper i just love it
    Dakar was just the begining.

Good work my friend...way too much math in engineering, lol. I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who would take on that major! 3 finals in 24hrs is rough...I feel ya though. It's all worth it in the end!

I know what would rejuvenate your tired self...a vacation to Moab, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    if I could get a donor photo of a foxfire in high daylight, I could shop a Sunset/Brazen orange, as well as any other metallic much easier and faster...though I don't use random people's photos without permission. Copyrights y'know, lol.
    Pretty sure that uploading pics into galleries here automatically makes them public domain. Regardless, I think Sue and I have some 500 or more photos between our two galleries so surely there's one in there that will work?

Good luck with finals!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD PAYNE View Post
    THANKS GUYS. for all your suggestions. I have been looking for a Proton one so long I just kind of got focused in on it. One of the guys has already bought the paint, so proton it is. You have to keep in mind cost; that bronze color is a tricolor application. Cost of paint Proton $300 bronze $1600. Whice would you do? I like the red idea and the next one we get to paint red it is! I am going to have to drive it around for a while to make sure the paint doesn't fall off or something. Someone has to do it.
    Damn, it's too bad your guy already bought the Proton paint before you had a chance to see this thread of opinions. In addition, making another Red version in the future would be a futile effort since FoxFire already exists. You need to venture out and try a paint color outside of the norm of current available VX colors; otherwise, you're just being redundant.

It's too bad the Cadillac Escapade "CHAMPAGNE" (aka Gold Mist Metallic) paint is so expensive at $1600 because it's a tri-color application. I bet it would look simply stunning on a VX with pure elegance and prestige. I'm curious on how much 2006 MINI Cooper "PURPLE HAZE" paint cost, and if it's within the ballpark of the $300 price mark??? If so, you ought to try the "PURPLE HAZE" treatment next on a future VX.

How is purple haze any different from fox fire and red is not?

How is purple haze any different from fox fire and red is not?
    Too easy, my friend. FoxFire "IS" red (although; technically a dark red, but still red in hue). 2006 MINI Cooper "PURPLE HAZE" is dark purple metallic. Last time I checked-- purple ain't red; it's purple.

Last edited by Riff Raff : 05/12/2011 at 08:31 PM

Looking at photos to me the fox fire is closer to purple than red. Maybe it's bad eyes?

12 % of men are color blind. I'm not one of them, inspite of what my wife says.

Maybe it's bad eyes?
    Must be. Go see a FoxFire VX "in person" and then report back with your evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    Pretty sure that uploading pics into galleries here automatically makes them public domain. Regardless, I think Sue and I have some 500 or more photos between our two galleries so surely there's one in there that will work?

Good luck with finals!
    I think you're wrong but I'm not a lawyer, please check with one.