Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Post All Moab Trip Pics/adventures Here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    So I know when you take a trip, you always forget something, but did ALL OF YOU forget your camera's
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Todays trail "attempt" was short lived and there was carnage! A group of 7 vehicles set out to conquer Cliff Hanger. We made it as far as the entrance obstacle with 5 vehicles at the bottom Mikes Trooper hit hard going down and blew a radiator hose. In an attempt to get him back up the obstacle Jack (PBKid) attempted to take a different line up to strap Mike...PB came down HARD on a rock smashing his shiney new skidplate skyward into his radiator and crushing/relocating it. Now we had 2 vehicles stuck in the middle of the obstacle. With a bit winch work we got Craig to the the top in his Trooper. We were then able to assist Mike and Jack up. We then got everyone else to the top and our day was done. I towed Jack back to the Red Rock, we got his old radiator out, new radiator will be here in the morning. Mike got his new hose in. New day tomorrow.

My pics will have to wait until I get home...no plave at Pack Creek to power my 'puter...sorry guys!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Holy cow, you guys better find a shop to buy some rabbit feet or something!

Wow! Glad I went on the La Sal run today. No carnage on our run but it was also short lived. Got turned back by a felled tree and large snow feild. I have an axe so we cleared the tree for others but weren't going to make it through the snow. We tried the bypass route but the water was flowing too high for stream crossing.

Here are a few pics. All my pics can be seen at http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...%20XIV%202011/

The Taj-MaTent

Inside

J/K

Inside

Yes, a double high queen size air mattress. I camp in style LOL.

On the way to the over look for lunch on Dome Plateau

Great view for lunch

Some old mining cabins and posing at the mine

The Stoop

Dub brought toys

On the way up La Sal pass

Big Swede impersonating a lumberjack

Snow!

More later
    --Dave

I take it the park is colder this year than last? Or were you just at a much higher elevation?

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    I take it the park is colder this year than last? Or were you just at a much higher elevation?

we were up around 9000 ft. but that spot is an avalanche slide area

Damn I'm jealous! Really wish I had made this, looks like a lot of fun!

and that pic of where you guys had lunch was awesome!

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I really wish I could be there wit you all!! Everyone, do me a fav and toast one drink to my completing this damn thesis. Im getting dizzy with the ^%#(&(# thing and can use all the good vibes I can get.

Miss you guys!!!! VEGAS!!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Awesome!
    We want more! More carnage!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Milwaukee WI

Quote Originally Posted by djvx View Post
    Awesome!
    We want more! More carnage!
    Gil, If this was taken as "I hope people break tranfer cases and such" I sincerely apologize...But that doesn't mean you can send me the repair bills either

It kind of sucked that I had to leave before the sun came out. Sorry to hear that several people left with major damage (especially Mike with his pristine '99). I had a great time, meeting a lot of new & wonderful people and seeing some familiar faces (was going to say "old friends", but didn't want to give Lisa a complex)

I've got a few dozen pics that I've yet to get off the camera. But I'll do it soon.

The VehiCROSS is an amazing vehicle and there's no reason to baby it on the trail. I'm not saying everyone should be as crazy as TriAthlete, but I don't think you should leave it sitting in the parking lot either.

I have a ton of photos, though things are still crazy in my world: at the moment I'm in Colorado Springs, still wandering around the west end of the country like some transient drifter on my fabulous trip to nowhere...I'm about 1200 miles from my home in WA. I'll probably not post photos of the fun stuff (Moab) until I get home. No idea when that will be, but it'll be one of these days, lol.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
    I have a ton of photos, though things are still crazy in my world: at the moment I'm in Colorado Springs, still wandering around the west end of the country like some transient drifter on my fabulous trip to nowhere...I'm about 1200 miles from my home in WA. I'll probably not post photos of the fun stuff (Moab) until I get home. No idea when that will be, but it'll be one of these days, lol.
    Member zoup2nuts works at the BMW dealership in Colorado Springs...you should stop by and give him a shout and you're only 35 minutes south from me in Castle Rock.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

So Much Fun So Little Time!

Made it home safe an hour ago. I ran the engine hard all way home, I was doing 75 almost all way with the little 4 banger. If you guys didnt know allready I broke my front differential. I havent pulled the third member yet but it is not gonna be pretty. I do have a spare so im ok with that. I hope everyone else has made it home safe or is in route. RACHEL AND I HAD A GREAT TIME AGAIN THIS YEAR AND IT WAS NICE SEEING THE FAMILIAR FACES AND MEETING THE NEW ONES. I will post pics later tonight or in the morning. Ohh and for those wondering how I did in vegas? Well lets just say im 500 bucks richer! good night on the tables.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ummm Kirk......I obviously already HAVE a complex! LOL seriously awesome to see you again after so long!

Great seeing everyone as well for me, if Scott, Laura, and Robert would have been there it would have been the perfect year! Sorry if I offended anyone, y'all that know me I am sure I didnt offend, but I tend to let loose when away from my stressful work/family life!

Quote Originally Posted by Zu4two View Post
    It kind of sucked that I had to leave before the sun came out. Sorry to hear that several people left with major damage (especially Mike with his pristine '99). I had a great time, meeting a lot of new & wonderful people and seeing some familiar faces (was going to say "old friends", but didn't want to give Lisa a complex)

I've got a few dozen pics that I've yet to get off the camera. But I'll do it soon.

The VehiCROSS is an amazing vehicle and there's no reason to baby it on the trail. I'm not saying everyone should be as crazy as TriAthlete, but I don't think you should leave it sitting in the parking lot either.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.