I am the proud owner of a Silver '99. Have put over 120K miles since I bought it used. I live in South Texas and work in Mexico everyday. Sometimes the line gets backed up coming home and with the heat down here you really need to be running the AC all the time. I have had issues over the past 3-4 years with the Vehicross gettting hot while sitting in line with the AC on. I tried swapping out the fan clutch for a Hayden unit and having the radiator "rodded" out a couple of summers ago. This did not solve the issue and I have just put up with it. As long as I don't run the AC it never gets hot no matter how long I sit in line. Turning the AC off once it gets hot, brings the temperature down to normal (about halfway on the gauge).

It is either getting hotter or I am getting less tolerant of the heat and decided to purchase one of the FFD electric twin fan systems. It is very good looking and is relatively simple to install. Unfortunately it did not solve my problem and wanted to let you guys know that the electric fan setup may not solve your temperature problems. The Vehicross still gets hot with the AC on sitting in line. Worse still, it stayed hot even after turning off the AC. I had to turn the heater on full blast/full hot to cool it down. It does not boil over but is getting just to the left of the H on the gauge.

The people I bought it from asked the voltage I am getting as RPMs of the fans drop a lot below 14 volts. I have 13.92 volts according to my fluke 87 MM. They indicated someone from FFD Tech Support would be getting in touch with me to diagnose.

The radiator is very, very clean with no internal blockage. I run 50/50 coolant/water mix.

I am going to clean the AC condenser this evening but I don't think that is the issue.

I am going to add either RP coolant additive or Water Wetter whichever I can get my hands on.

Any other suggestions? I really need the AC sitting in the line at the bridge.

Thanks for your help.

John