well i thought i solved the problem of my overheating at the end of last summer by replacing my heater core but after driving all winter with absolutaly no problems the first nice day i took the car on a 1 hr drive and the overheating is back and the same symptoms are back . it overheats only in the daytime on hot days above 65. I drove tomy friends housefrom ny - nj during the day temp was around 65-70 i had to pull over on the 1hr drive 5 times to let the car cool down. I then drove home that night 5 hr later outside temp was now in the 50s with absolutaly no problems!

I still have no symptoms of a head gasket like oil mixed with antifreeze, smoke or a skip or loss of power just overheating when hot out.

If you havent read my other posts regarding this issue here is what was done to the car already trying to fix the problem, replaced the clutch fan, flushed the radiator and replaced the thermostat. I was told the water pump is pumping strong. I have talked to other mechanics and was told they highly doubt its a head gasket since there is no smoke or missfire but its hard to detect since this only happens on drives over 45 minutes on hot days.