Went and picked up a trailer today to turn into my car hauler. It's 18'6" long and 6'6" wide on the deck. Its riding on 2 3500lb axles with new bearings and what not, fairly decent tires and has a leaf spring suspension (rode very well unloaded on the 100 mile trip home and tracked great). I'm planning on trimming the rear deck up a bit, the far rear section has a slight bend in it, looks like someone backed into it real hard with something (they used it for skid steers so I bet they hit it with that), so I figured I'd shorten it and brace the frame up a bit. It'll still give me over 180" of vehicle space and that should be plenty. I'm going to lay down some 2x12 treated Pine along the "tread" areas and debating if I want to just cover the center with some mesh material to keep road debris from flying up or actually encase it completely with wood or metal. I'm also thinking about laying a sheet of thin diamond plate or some sort of vinyl/rubber down on the floor to A)Help protect the wood a bit and B)Look a little nicer. I'm going to check on powdercoating costs for the frame, but I may just strip it myself and coat it with some Master Series coating. Here's a few pics, got it super cheap too!

Now:

My idea: