OK, maybe I am just a bad, careless, heartless driver, but I have gotten 3 tickets in the last 12 months. Just got cited again today for going 52 in a 40 on a WIDE OPEN 4 lane back road here in Reno. IMO, that isn't even speeding! That's "normal" driving, I wasn't even in a hurry!

Now mind you, I know I was technically "breaking the law", but I guess I just have a problem with the fact that these motorcycle cops sit in spots like this, where they KNOW people will speed a little because its rush hour and it is a wide open back road. In my opinion, it just sucks. I know its not entrapement, but it FEELS like it. Its like leaving a $100 bill on the sidewalk and expecting people to walk by it.

And what really annoys me even more than getting pulled over, is the fact that I think almost all the speed limits in this country are about 10 mph to low. Yes, speed kills. Yes, there are idiots out there who can't drive. But the fact is, there are so many places (at least here in Reno) where the traffic is ALWAYS light, there are no schools or parks or driveways or ANYTHING on either side of the road, and you still see speed limits like 35 and 40 MPH. Its like they do it on purpose just so people will speed through these areas and get nabbed.

Why do cars show a 180 MPH on the speedo if there is nowhere to drive them that fast? Why do we even sell Porsches and Corvettes? What's the freakin' point?!?!

I think I am a safe driver. I don't text while driving. I wear my seatbelt all the time. I pay all my rego fees and keep my insurance in order. I go to work every day.

Sorry to those on here who work in the law enforcement field and probably disagree with me, but I just feel like this crap is just a way to make money for the city while twisting the screw into decent people who are just going to work. I hate it.

Bart