Thread: New Ride - Non-VX Related

New Ride - Non-VX Related

Just bought another motorcycle. I had one a few years back, but had to give her up. Here is the new one. 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

Congrats on the new toy. That sort of bike, the sport tourer style is interesting. They're sort of two worlds in one. I've never ridden one. I went from sport bikes to a 1300cc cruiser. What was your previous bike and how do you like the V-Strom so far?

Nice, not my kind of bike but I always thought the V-Storms looked pretty good. I almost bought a bike last weekend but the guy didn't have the title in order.

Soon...very soon.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by samneil2000 View Post
    Congrats on the new toy. That sort of bike, the sport tourer style is interesting. They're sort of two worlds in one. I've never ridden one. I went from sport bikes to a 1300cc cruiser. What was your previous bike and how do you like the V-Strom so far?
    Last bike was an 07 V-Strom 650. It's about 34 lbs lighter, quicker handling, a little narrower (feeling). I haven't ridden this one enough for real comparrison yet. I like these cause of the Sport Stylings and you sit upright. I didn't want to lean over (sport) or reach (cruiser) and have back issues, because I plan on taking long trips with this. Easier on gas back and forth from TN to OH also.

Congrats, that bike looks great. One day I hope to get something in the same class. How does this compare to the BMW's with the metal boxes on the sides? My knowledge of motorbikes is limited.
    EX OWNER 2000 Foxfire

Quote Originally Posted by mindaugas View Post
    Congrats, that bike looks great. One day I hope to get something in the same class. How does this compare to the BMW's with the metal boxes on the sides? My knowledge of motorbikes is limited.
    I don't have any experience with BMW's to answer your question other than, the BMW's cost more.