Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another high idle problem

loose battery terminals can cause the VX to have high idle issues.

When you say IVC, I want to be sure you are talking about the same thing as me. I call it IAC, Idle Air Control valve. It's a two torx screw piece plugged into the throttle, is that what you are talking about?

If so, I cleaned mine a few weeks ago and could not move it by hand. Other vehicles I've cleaned them on I could, but I'm not sure exactly how ours works. I do know mine is working correctly and I could not push it in.

and to add to that, I don't think an IAC can actually affect the throttle to that high, over 2kRPM. The don't have that much movement in them to open up enough air flow. Most will only allow RPM's to come up a few hundred or so not a thousand. I'd dig harder and find that sensor and try running with it unplugged, or bypassed.

Yea sorry its the IAC I thought for sure it was bad when I could not move it.
    Did check the battery terminals when unhooked for a hour to reset the computer. Guess back to looking for the power steering switch does anyone have a picture if where it is?
    Thanks Bob for all your help

I went and looked in the parking lot here at work and I'm not sure if this is it, but the wire coming from this connection runs into the bottom area of the P/S pump just behind the pulley. There is a sensor of some sort plugged in there, and this little plug I photo'd seems to be a connector coming from that and run back into the harness to the ecu probably.

Looking at this picture, there is a green/yellow stripe single wire in front of the hook on the "J" hard line behind it. This wire and connector are taped to the side of a loom of other wires. The bottom of this connector (not seen) has a black wire running to the sensor I described above.

I don't know if that connection runs from the sensor in question or not, but it's worth a try to disconnect and see what the engine idle does. If dissconected and the RPM doesn't return to normal don't quit on this being the cause. I'm not sure if just disconnecting the sensor will fix it, or if it has to be tricked some other way.

Well I messed around with that plug about an hour, could not get it apart and if I did dont know how I would plug it back in. So I messed around with the IAC again cleaned it sprayed alot of throttle body cleaner in the hole and tried pushing it in. Started and idle was good, I had that out about 5 times and it never changed the idle now when you start it or shut it off you can feel and hear the IAC moving. So for now I going to leave it alone and see how it is before buying a new one.
    Thanks again

That's great news!