Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The "Jeep Wave"?!?!?!?!?

Cool

I currently ride a 2008 Suzuki V-Strom DL1000 and I choose to wear a helmet. I will return waves from anyone on a bike, trike, Can Am reverse trike thingie, scooter, dirt bike, etc...etc...etc..

I will however, not initiate a wave. Too many high & mighty riders out there for me to waste time with.

Now for the big finale:

If you don't want to wave @ me because I ride what I have...I could care less...but I take it personally when you damage my bike because you are an A-Hole.

I went to my Local's Union Rally during contract negotiations with our company. By far the most common bike there was Harley's. A few Honda GoldWings too. I parked my bike there and came back after the rally was over to find it knocked over w/ some damage to the mirror & handlebar end plus a busted turn signal. Not only did I have to pick-up a 500 lb bike myself but had to pay to repair it too. Nice

I'm currently sniffing on new bikes but probably won't bite this summer. Before the Union Rally incident I was considering a 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide. After the incident, I don't want to buy into that loser scene. Currently in love with a 2012 BMW K1600 GT.

That's All Folks!
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 07/29/2011 at 03:41 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    I always wondered just how many of those Harley riders who were too good to wave back at me because I was on a "Jap bike" actually knew how many parts from China and Japan were on their "American made" bikes, or in what country their Harley t-shirts and other miscellaneous riding garb was actually made
    too funny I never thought about that

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    I parked my bike there and came back after the rally was over to find it knocked over w/ some damage to the mirror & handlebar end plus a busted turn signal. Not only did I have to pick-up a 500 lb bike myself but had to pay to repair it too. Nice
    That sucks

Are you sure it was not an accident?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    That sucks

Are you sure it was not an accident?

I don't have any enemies and the area was cordoned off with cones to keep cars out...so I really don't know what happened for sure...but, I just can't shake that feeling it was because I had a metric bike amongst a sea of Harley's and the Goldwing's I noticed were gone when I came back out.

I hope it was an accident but it would have been nice to get a note and they could have picked up my bike afterwards!

I just can't shake that feeling it was because I had a metric bike amongst a sea of Harley's
    That would be low but you are right they (or someone) could have picked it up or helped

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I don't have any enemies and the area was cordoned off with cones to keep cars out...so I really don't know what happened for sure...but, I just can't shake that feeling it was because I had a metric bike amongst a sea of Harley's and the Goldwing's I noticed were gone when I came back out.

I hope it was an accident but it would have been nice to get a note and they could have picked up my bike afterwards!
    Any security cameras keeping an eye on the area?...