Thread: Failed Inspection

Angry Failed Inspection

In Virginia, everyone is required to get their automobile inspected annually. Last year, I was charged $35 for windshield wipers. This year I was ready...new tires (tread was thin) and after 3 stops I found a new set of windshield wipers that fit.

They told me the bulb above the front driver's side tire was out. I was pissed because I didn't check all the lights!!! Well, it wasn't the bulb but the connection. It was all cruddy and resulted in incomplete contact with the bulb. I haven't ever messed with the light and wonder how it got so cruddy.

Oh well, they ordered the part (at Brown's Isuzu--the most expensive dealer in the Nation but it's right across the street from work) and it'll probably be another $50 or so.

Just wanted to vent to someone who understands.

I hear you.....

It's good to vent once in a while.... You make sure all is well then... whamo!.... you just feel like screaming... and you can just see the smirk on the inspectors face! Ohh... he likes his job alright.... infact he loves it.....
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Thumbs down VA inspection

I too had problem with the Virginia Inspection. They refused to bless my PIAAs. I told them that they are not fog lights but driving lights which is very different. Blah blah blah...

Long story short. It turned out that I went back home an removed the PIAAs, returned to the inspection, passed it, went back home and put back the PIAAs.

You should have ordered the part from St-Charles Isuzu. They are much cheaper and most of the time offer free shipping.

Michael